opening links in e-mail
vzfan

This problem started the day that I got Verizon Fios (I used to have Comcast), so I feel that it must be a Verizon issue right?:

I use an e-mail program (Windows Live Mail) to check my hotmail accounts on my computer.  The program works fine, and it downloads e-mails at an appropriate speed.  However, any time I click on a website link within an e-mail, it takes at least a minute (sometimes more) for my internet browser to actually open the link.  (I'm using IE7 as my default browser.)  The browser doesn't even come on my screen for a long period of time.  So I end up clicking the link multiple times (thinking I didn't do it correctly the first time), and by the time the internet does come up it opens 2-3 pages of the same link.

For the most part, when I click on links within a webpage, they open fine.  My only issue occurs when I click on a link within my e-mail.  Again, I didn't have this problem with Comcast.  It began the same day that I got Fios.

0 Likes
Re: opening links in e-mail
VZ_Brian
Contributor - Level 2

First thing I would do, if you haven't already, is to download our speed optimizer for XP:

http://www2.verizon.net/help/fios_settings/optimizer/

Also, did you make any changes to your PC security?  Are you now running Verizon Internet Security Suite?

0 Likes
Re: opening links in e-mail
vzfan
The speed optimizer told me that my speed was already optimal. I didn't make changes to my security. I didn't want to pay extra for Verizon's security suite at this time (it came free with Comcast), so I downloaded the latest version of McAfee right before I switched over. However, I just downloaded Internet Explorer 8 (I had IE7 before), and the problem seems to be resolved at this time. My internet quickly opened when I clicked on your link in my e-mail.
0 Likes