OpenVPN Connect issue with G3100
gatto-nero
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, I am experiencing issues connecting to OpenVPN connect with the G3100 router.

I just had the router installed in my apartment, shipped with the firmware version 3.1.0.13. I am attempting to use the OpenVPN Connect tool, and it cannot connect. I had no issues at my last apartment with the Quantum router, nor have I had issues at my friend's apartment (he's on RCN with his own third-party router).

I have seen a few different threads about this issue - I tried setting the firewall settings to "low security" as other comments described to no avail. Unfortunately, I don't have a way to test with a wired connection at the moment, since to my surprise, neither of my USB-C hubs have an ethernet port. However, judging by the content of the highlighted reply in a previously solved thread, my firmware version should allow for connection to a VPN over wifi. I've done a factory reset of the router and I am still having the same issues (same firmware version).

I need to use this VPN for work, so any help that can be provided is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: OpenVPN Connect issue with G3100
gatto-nero
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please disregard this question, it turns out my VPN cert just happened to expire on the same day my new router was installed....

View solution in original post

0 Likes
gatto-nero
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please disregard this question, it turns out my VPN cert just happened to expire on the same day my new router was installed....

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Thank you for your update. I am about to setup OpenVPN on my mini test network to replicate your setup. Now you have saved my trouble.

0 Likes