Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

OpenVPN Connect issue with G3100

SOLVED
gatto-nero
Contributor
Contributor

OpenVPN Connect issue with G3100

Message 1 of 3
(1,019 Views)

Hi, I am experiencing issues connecting to OpenVPN connect with the G3100 router.

I just had the router installed in my apartment, shipped with the firmware version 3.1.0.13. I am attempting to use the OpenVPN Connect tool, and it cannot connect. I had no issues at my last apartment with the Quantum router, nor have I had issues at my friend's apartment (he's on RCN with his own third-party router).

I have seen a few different threads about this issue - I tried setting the firewall settings to "low security" as other comments described to no avail. Unfortunately, I don't have a way to test with a wired connection at the moment, since to my surprise, neither of my USB-C hubs have an ethernet port. However, judging by the content of the highlighted reply in a previously solved thread, my firmware version should allow for connection to a VPN over wifi. I've done a factory reset of the router and I am still having the same issues (same firmware version).

I need to use this VPN for work, so any help that can be provided is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gatto-nero
Contributor
Contributor

Re: OpenVPN Connect issue with G3100

Message 2 of 3
(980 Views)

Please disregard this question, it turns out my VPN cert just happened to expire on the same day my new router was installed....

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gatto-nero
Contributor
Contributor

Message 2 of 3
(981 Views)

Please disregard this question, it turns out my VPN cert just happened to expire on the same day my new router was installed....

Cang_Household
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 3 of 3
(972 Views)

Thank you for your update. I am about to setup OpenVPN on my mini test network to replicate your setup. Now you have saved my trouble.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title