Ordered 35/35 and was told by support I can't get it
TC95CU
Enthusiast - Level 2

I upgraded my Internet to 35/35 and support has been unable to make it work.  After going through 3 separate techs I've pretty much given up.  For a brief time I saw 48 down and 20 up, but this didn't last long and now it's back to 20/20.  Last night while on with support I got 38/7 at the ONT and was told this was the best they could do.  When I questioned why I wasn't getting at least the 20 I had been seeing instead of 7 I was told the 7 was as good as it gets.  Considering I was seeing 48 down for a brief time it is my belief that something is still messed up on the Verizon side or with the ONT, but Verizon support doesn't seem to agree.

Re: Ordered 35/35 and was told by support I can't get it
SteveP2
Contributor - Level 2

Were you wired or wireless when you did the testing. Be aware that 20 is about the best you can ask from a wireless connection running on a wireless G signal. If you upgrade to a wireless N access point then it is possible to get better.

Steve

0 Likes
TC95CU
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was wired

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model ONT do you currently have installed? I know there's an issue with a particular Alcatel model that cannot handle more than a certain amount of upload. With that ONT if you have it, it needs to be replaced to even get the upload on the 35/35 package. Besides that, it seems the lack of upload was due to the operating system not having a big enough buffer for the speed.

Otherwise, something is messed up on Verizon's end. 43Mbps down certainly sounds like the 35Mbps package.

0 Likes
TC95CU
Enthusiast - Level 2

ONT is a 1000JI

0 Likes
SteveP2
Contributor - Level 2

That sounds like an original ONT. How long have you had Fios?

0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

@SteveP wrote:

That sounds like an original ONT.

No, it's not.  It's a GPON ONT.

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

just wanted to drop in on the convo....the particular ONT is a Motorola ONT so it wouldn't have the issue your thinking of....At best for wireless I can seem to get on my personal fios connection is a paltry 26mb down and 23 up, however, you were hard wired so I would have to look at some other avenues such as when did this start happening? And just some general stuff  regarding router if your on full duplex or whatnot.

0 Likes
MrsMark
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have 35/35 internet and I use to love it.  As u can see, i said Used to!!!!  I was paying for extra internet since the beginning of my account. It use to cost me 19.99 for speed upgrade.  Then they placed it in a package. 

Well as of 6 months ago I am not getting anything near 35/35.  since Nov 2011 I have switched 3 routers. In a two week period Techs have come to my home and I have called verizon with issues over 30 times. 

Tech support have upset me greatly because they auto assume I am clueless.  They have blamed my equipment (computers) and even suggested that although I pay for 35/35 that the speed i was getting was acceptable 23/17 hardwired!!!!!  I know they can't see me threw the phone but prehaps they hear idoit in my voice. 

I was considering upgrading my speed.  Tech support suggested that.  But if u can't give me 35/35 which I pay for.....why would they provide me with anything faster?  I am tired of complaining.  I am on this site tonight because i have asked tech support have others complained of such issues and they have stated that I was the only one.  Well imagine my surprise to read that the problems I complain about.....many others are complaining about also?  I am not happy and at 180.00 a month you would think I could at least get what I pay for. 

I have ran test that showed 9/7 and all the tech said was thats your computer.  so he hooked his computer to my router and there was no speed at all.  It dropped just as I had been telling them one of the issues were.  So of course another excuse on my end had to be the issue.  I would lol but it's no longer funny. 

0 Likes