Packet Loss Occurring... Please Fix!!
smayman

I have been trying to connect to a game and I am getting a bit of packet loss which is disconnecting me. I have ran a test with PingPlotter and I know where the packet loss is occurring. It would be very helpful if Verizon could fix this, please.

The IP addresses where the packet loss is occurring is at:

4.68.62.137 with the DNSName: ae17.edge1.washingtondc12.level3.net

and also

4.69.145.11 with the DNSName: ae-1-60.edge2.Dallas1.Level3.net

I have contacted the game company already and they said it is a problem with my ISP and that i need to address it with Verizon Fios in order to fix it. I have shown where the packet loss is occurring, so it would be helpful if Verizon could fix the problems I have specified.

0 Likes
Re: Packet Loss Occurring... Please Fix!!
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@smayman wrote:

I have been trying to connect to a game and I am getting a bit of packet loss which is disconnecting me. I have ran a test with PingPlotter and I know where the packet loss is occurring. It would be very helpful if Verizon could fix this, please.

The IP addresses where the packet loss is occurring is at:

4.68.62.137 with the DNSName: ae17.edge1.washingtondc12.level3.net

and also

4.69.145.11 with the DNSName: ae-1-60.edge2.Dallas1.Level3.net

I have contacted the game company already and they said it is a problem with my ISP and that i need to address it with Verizon Fios in order to fix it. I have shown where the packet loss is occurring, so it would be helpful if Verizon could fix the problems I have specified.

Based on the addresses provided, the problem is with Level 3, not Verizon.

smayman

What is Level 3 then? Is that a separate network company that I should contact?

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

http://www.level3.com/

If you've reported this to Verizon via normal means, they may work with Level 3, or they may not. Verizon can't fix another company's servers, so it's ultimately up to Level 3 to fix the problem. Odds are that the route will heal itself by going around these hops, but it may not. You've already reported it to the game people, so at least they're aware.

0 Likes
smayman

But now today I'm getting different areas of packet loss while playing the game. It's only this game too, all other games work fine on this computer. Some of the areas of packet loss are within Verizon service including:

173.66.228.1             L100.WASHDC-VFTTP-126.verizon-gni.net

and

130.81.151.232             so-3-1-0-0.RES-BB-RTR1.verizon-gni.net

other areas of packet loss today were:

152.63.37.65             0.xe-4-2-0.BR1.IAD8.ALTER.NET

ALTER.NET had about 50% packet loss whereas the areas of verizon had about 20% each.

I also had packet loss on the before mentioned Level3 areas. But I will contact Level3 this weekend. But is it possible that Verizon could fix those two areas I posted? I can call Verizon but I've tried that in the past and they have not fixed the problem

0 Likes
smayman

Actually scratch that previous statement.. A couple of my games are lagging a lot. I believe this is a Verizon issue, but I am not sure. I know it's due to packet loss. The computer works fine, the internet is fine, but the games are not connecting well. Back in December, games would run perfectly, but ever since January I've been having problems connecting to games.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@smayman wrote:

Actually scratch that previous statement.. A couple of my games are lagging a lot. I believe this is a Verizon issue, but I am not sure. I know it's due to packet loss. The computer works fine, the internet is fine, but the games are not connecting well. Back in December, games would run perfectly, but ever since January I've been having problems connecting to games.

Regardless of where the packet loss is occuring, what Rev. and type of router do you have. The router and the games may make multiple connections, and may take many paths. So if you have a bad connection, or an older router, the dropped packets could get worse depending on the number of connections your router can handle, and the path each connection takes..

0 Likes