Parental Controls
rrlehman0919
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I go to the parental control section to manager the router, I don't see all of my devices in the add section.  How do I refresh this so that I see all of my devices?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Parental Controls
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is populated based on the Network Map and DHCP table in the router. Give the router a reboot first, then try rebooting each device which does not appear on the list.

One note about the Parental Controls feature is that it is known to slow the router down. It may be better to run Parental Control software on the devices themselves versus the router.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is populated based on the Network Map and DHCP table in the router. Give the router a reboot first, then try rebooting each device which does not appear on the list.

One note about the Parental Controls feature is that it is known to slow the router down. It may be better to run Parental Control software on the devices themselves versus the router.

0 Likes
o000o
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you have created a rule selecting ALL of the devices on your network, attempting to create a second rule will show no devices. No saying this is right, wrong, desirable or not. This is how it works.

However since the first rule doesn't do what it looks like it would do, not sure anything in this catagory of code functions at all.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

You are replying to a post 2 years old. I am sure the moderator will lock this thread.

the original post was solved years ago

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes