Partial Outage - some sites won't load - like google and even VZ sites
cicorias
Enthusiast - Level 3

having partial outage - all computers. All computers have no access issues when using an AT&T MiFi. Yet, FIOS is not loading pages www.google.com, etc.  even Verizon Forums images and supporting content not loading (CDN, etc.).

Router has been rebooted, etc.  Even back to factory defaults.

Please don't assume (support) that we don't know how TCP/IP works.

check your network.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Partial Outage - some sites won't load - like google and even VZ sites
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Very same problem you described here on the north shore of Long Island.  It's been intermittent all morning but connectivity is broken more than working.

I'm actually using at&t cellular data to enter this message.  I can't connect to this site via a hardwired connection to my FiOS router.

I spent a while talking to a helpful Verizon tech support guy on the phone.  After numerous standard troubleshooting steps I asked him to hold and I called a neighbor who has FiOS.  He confirmed he, the neighbor, was having the same issues this morning.  That changed the direction the tech support agent was going.  He was then able to confirm an area problem, although he didn't say how wide the area was.

Tech support did open a trouble ticket which says it will be closed by 5:00 PM on 7/7.  I hope it doesn't take that long but at least it confirms Verizon is aware of the problem and is working on it.

Keeping my fingers crossed the fix happens sooner rather than later.

edit/update:  I'm able to sign on to the forum via FiOS now, and when I did I got this notice:

Outage Alert - Internet Access 

An outage has been detected that impacts your ability to access the Internet, send and receive email, streaming video services, including FiOS Video On Demand. Estimated Restoration time: 02-JUL-15 19:00:00  EDT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
cicorias
Enthusiast - Level 3
it's back...
0 Likes
cicorias
Enthusiast - Level 3

nope. down again. back to AT&T.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Very same problem you described here on the north shore of Long Island.  It's been intermittent all morning but connectivity is broken more than working.

I'm actually using at&t cellular data to enter this message.  I can't connect to this site via a hardwired connection to my FiOS router.

I spent a while talking to a helpful Verizon tech support guy on the phone.  After numerous standard troubleshooting steps I asked him to hold and I called a neighbor who has FiOS.  He confirmed he, the neighbor, was having the same issues this morning.  That changed the direction the tech support agent was going.  He was then able to confirm an area problem, although he didn't say how wide the area was.

Tech support did open a trouble ticket which says it will be closed by 5:00 PM on 7/7.  I hope it doesn't take that long but at least it confirms Verizon is aware of the problem and is working on it.

Keeping my fingers crossed the fix happens sooner rather than later.

edit/update:  I'm able to sign on to the forum via FiOS now, and when I did I got this notice:

Outage Alert - Internet Access 

An outage has been detected that impacts your ability to access the Internet, send and receive email, streaming video services, including FiOS Video On Demand. Estimated Restoration time: 02-JUL-15 19:00:00  EDT

0 Likes
Mahnaz

I'm having same trouble--google/gmail/youtube are the sites most affected. Even on my phone. It's gotten a bit better since earlier this morning.

0 Likes
cicorias
Enthusiast - Level 3

seems restored now

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1
Ditto here.
0 Likes
hitmehhh
Contributor - Level 1

Restored in Syracuse NY

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes