PC and Mac on same wireless network?
ice9
I currently have a Mac on my wireless network accessing the FIOS internet router. Can I add a PC to the same network? Any compatibility issues?
0 Likes
Re: PC and Mac on same wireless network?
cjacobs001
Contributor - Level 3
no compatibility issues exist.  both work individually and both will work together.  the only thing to remember is that if you are using the wep or wpa keys, on a MAC you use lower-case letters but on a Windows computer you use capital letters in the password\code.
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@cjacobs001 wrote:
no compatibility issues exist.  both work individually and both will work together.  the only thing to remember is that if you are using the wep or wpa keys, on a MAC you use lower-case letters but on a Windows computer you use capital letters in the password\code.

I'm sorry, but I do not agree with the Windows key information (highlighted above), because I think most people will want to enter the WPA pre-shared key using ASCII, not hex.

I use WPA on my network, have for years, and I always use a mixture of uppercase, lowercase, numbers, and special characters for the WPA pre-shared key. That, along with using a long key, will make the connection the most secure.

Keller, TX 76248 

0 Likes
ice9
I added the PC yesterday with a USB wireless adapter and it is working flawlessly. Thanks.
0 Likes