Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

PC and Mac on same wireless network?

ice9
Contributor
Contributor

PC and Mac on same wireless network?

Message 1 of 4
(6,266 Views)
I currently have a Mac on my wireless network accessing the FIOS internet router. Can I add a PC to the same network? Any compatibility issues?
3 REPLIES 3
cjacobs001
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Re: PC and Mac on same wireless network?

Message 2 of 4
(6,259 Views)
no compatibility issues exist.  both work individually and both will work together.  the only thing to remember is that if you are using the wep or wpa keys, on a MAC you use lower-case letters but on a Windows computer you use capital letters in the password\code.
cjacobs001
Justin
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 3 of 4
(6,255 Views)

@cjacobs001 wrote:
no compatibility issues exist.  both work individually and both will work together.  the only thing to remember is that if you are using the wep or wpa keys, on a MAC you use lower-case letters but on a Windows computer you use capital letters in the password\code.

I'm sorry, but I do not agree with the Windows key information (highlighted above), because I think most people will want to enter the WPA pre-shared key using ASCII, not hex.

I use WPA on my network, have for years, and I always use a mixture of uppercase, lowercase, numbers, and special characters for the WPA pre-shared key. That, along with using a long key, will make the connection the most secure.

Keller, TX 76248 

ice9
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(6,230 Views)
I added the PC yesterday with a USB wireless adapter and it is working flawlessly. Thanks.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title