Personal Web Space Cancellation
boeboe1

We've been working on building a website for some time.  We've been using site builder and have info stored on it.  Previously we've had published sites.  Now I get an email stating that this service is being cancelled.  It's the primary reason we have Fios Internet.  No other service provider available to us offered this service.  Earlier this year I was offered to bundle in an attempt to save on the large cost of Fios Internet by itself.

There are cheaper internet options locally and since we will have to pay for webspace now we are considering cancelling our Fios.  Since Verizon is changing the service originally available will we still be liable for the ETF if we cancel?  Will I be able to cancel all services since the bundling hinged on the internet costs itself?

According to the terms of service V-13.1 Effective February 27, 2013:

Section 10: Termination or Suspension of Service

Subsection 3: Termination and/or Suspension by Verizon

"If Verizon terminates or ceases to offer service to your location, you

shall not be liable to pay the ETF."

To us this states that we will not be liable for the ETF, however I do not know if this is an all-inclusive term. It reads as such, but the bundling terminoligy is vague at best.

Can a representative please answer these questions?

I'd assume that continued service until the March 15th termination would be manditory.  I also assume that payment of the bill pass this date would assume acceptance of such changes.  We do not wish to accept these changes at this time.

Regards,

Boe

0 Likes
Re: Personal Web Space Cancellation
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
Re: Personal Web Space Cancellation
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@boeboe wrote:

We've been working on building a website for some time.  We've been using site builder and have info stored on it.  Previously we've had published sites.  Now I get an email stating that this service is being cancelled.  It's the primary reason we have Fios Internet.  No other service provider available to us offered this service.  Earlier this year I was offered to bundle in an attempt to save on the large cost of Fios Internet by itself.

There are cheaper internet options locally and since we will have to pay for webspace now we are considering cancelling our Fios.  Since Verizon is changing the service originally available will we still be liable for the ETF if we cancel?  Will I be able to cancel all services since the bundling hinged on the internet costs itself?

According to the terms of service V-13.1 Effective February 27, 2013:

Section 10: Termination or Suspension of Service

Subsection 3: Termination and/or Suspension by Verizon

"If Verizon terminates or ceases to offer service to your location, you

shall not be liable to pay the ETF."

To us this states that we will not be liable for the ETF, however I do not know if this is an all-inclusive term. It reads as such, but the bundling terminoligy is vague at best.

Can a representative please answer these questions?

I'd assume that continued service until the March 15th termination would be manditory.  I also assume that payment of the bill pass this date would assume acceptance of such changes.  We do not wish to accept these changes at this time.

Regards,

Boe

You are not likely to get Verizon representive to answer on what is meant to be a peer to peer forum.

However, no way they will consider termination of Personal Web Space, as ceasing to offer service.  Or offer any refunds, etc.  PWS was always considered a free extra.

0 Likes