Personal Web Storage Space
dalhectar
Enthusiast - Level 1
As part of FIOS, does Version offer subscribers personal web server storage space?
0 Likes
Re: Personal Web Storage Space
mattheww50
Contributor - Level 2

The short answer is yes, for FIOS customers it appears the first 20mb is free.

You may have to do some snooping around to find out how to get it created, but start at www.verizon.net, and sign in. (i've had mine on Verizon DSL before I moved to Fios, and that was set up long enough ago that I don't remember. In any case, your web space will end up at

mysite.verizon.net/<username>

Cacapon
Snooping is an understatement.   I have spent 15 hours over 5 days trying to track down how to get the additional space they promise.  The page on the website that is supposed to allow you to add space does not work.  3/4 of the people that I have spoken with over the last several days did not even know what I was talking about when I asked for more space.  I have been passed from office to office and still have no answer to my problem.  This is very disappointing as it is my introduction to their services....I am a new-ish customer.  Soon to be former customer I think.
0 Likes
Cacapon

Day six of my saga in trying to get additional webspace...goes something like this:

Call E-center after being told to do so last evening.

E-center does not handle it pass me to FiberOptics...they say no they do tech support and pass me to Billing of course their answer is huh? and they pass me to Verizon Encore who says I have to do it on the website, I say that the website does not allow me to do it/  OK then on to FiberSolutions who say that there is a problem and that I need to talk to Big Bolt...who then of course passes me back to suuport.  I ask to speak to a supervisor who has me now on the line with the E-center again.  How does this company survive?

0 Likes
bs422
Sign on to Verizon.net and under Account Settings click on "My Web Space" Settings and select the option for 500mb of storage at 9.95 a month.  This showed up on my bill without even being requested.  Finally figured out this was how I removed it.
0 Likes