PlayStation 4 Downloads being stopped by Verizon, corrupt data.
Surge_III

So I switched to Verizon awhile ago and pretty much went from the lowest tier of Internet up to the highest tier below Gigabit. 

I never had any issues with Upload/Download speeds, Games downloaded fine and so on. 

I Upgraded to Gigabit about 3 months ago. The first week My Lan Connection was getting 800+ MBPS and my Wifi was about Half that, which is expected . 

Now.. roughly two weeks ago I downloaded a new game for my son, it stopped maybe 25% of the way. And Said.. Can't download. Error was the CE- which is for Corrupt Data. I swear he'd my entire Storage for the item, nothing was corrupt. So I deleted and re downloaded.. same thing. 

Read that it could be my HDD going.. but it was downloading to a brand new External HDD. 

Just to be sure . I reformatted that... Same issue..Bought a New SDD for the PS4,

I rebuild database.. same issue.. I re Initialised PS4... And then FACTORY RESET IT! 

SAME ISSUE. 

More digging said it was Verizon stopping the downloads because of a random file... 

A scheduled a tech to come out after the Rep on the phone did a line check, no problems. 

Long story short, Tech found the Box that was installed in basement had a dead backup battery which was draining the speed apparently. And then the Hi Speeds gateway Router I bought from Verizon when I upgraded to Gigabit was faulty as well. 

So, New White G3100? I think it's called. 

New PS4 HDD, New Gigabit Box... Guess what..

Same issue!!!! 

I can't download anything UNLESS I connect to my Sprint Hotspot at 10 Mbps at best and watch paint dry... 

I DNT know what else could be stopping the downloads other than Verizon..... I have tried every fix out there ... 

Any solutions? 

0 Likes
Re: PlayStation 4 Downloads being stopped by Verizon, corrupt data.
Ackbar2020

Same exact issue. Have followed a lot of the same solutions as you as well.

Literally just got a brand new PlayStation with a new hard drive all set up and got the same issue tonight.

Did Verizon have any other solutions?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does your network have the Verizon Home Network Protection feature enabled? Try turning it off if so.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Smith6612 wrote:

Does your network have the Verizon Home Network Protection feature enabled? Try turning it off if so.

If that fixes the issue, please say so. That includes if it is a term called Work Around. By this from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Workaround

A workaround is a bypass[1] of a recognized problem or limitation in a system or a policy.[2] A workaround is typically a temporary fix[3][4] that implies that a genuine solution to the problem is needed

0 Likes
BSchaible13

Same issue. Can't download Warzone past 4-5gb before getting the error. I can tether the PS4 to my phone and the download continues, albeit very slowly, but I'm absolutely not doing that for 100gb download. The weird thing is, I can use my hotspot to download for 5-10 seconds, pause the download, change my internet settings back to LAN, and resume download. It'll download about 150mb in 15 seconds or so and then stop and throw the CE error...

0 Likes
Msparisfrance29

Try bypassing the router all together and hook the PS4 straight to the LAN. Of course you must have a Tv that is moveable.  I have 1GB FIOS and I was having the same problems until I bypassed the router all together.  Hope this helps.  

0 Likes
Robnroni
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same problem when I switched to FiOS from Xfinity.  I wound up having to go into my PS4's network settings and changing the DNS addresses to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.  I've had no problems since.

0 Likes