Port 80 and 443 on Gateway Router Blocking Cloud Devices
arees

I upgraded my router last week to the new Gateway router and ever since then, I can no longer access my WD Cloud drives when not inside my home firewall.  WD claims this is because ports 80 and 443 are not letting in inbound traffic and they had me use a site that 'pings' the ports to confirm they are indeed closed.  In the router setup however it does show Port 80 added for HTTP (TCP/IP) and 443 added for HTTPS (TCP/IP), so something is not quite working the way things appear.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Port 80 and 443 on Gateway Router Blocking Cloud Devices
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

The screen snapshot only shows the "definition" of protocols... i.e HTTPS is defined as a forward from any source TCP port to port 443 on a destination.

A port forward rule needs to be defined now which actually says to perform that forward to the specific internal IP address of the WD device (i.e. forward HTTPS - as defined by the definition shown) to a specific IP address.

View solution in original post

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you copy/paste or provide a screenshot of how the port forwards are configured?

If you're not comfortable with that, make sure your port forwards show "TCP Any --> 80" and pointing to the IP address of the device you're trying to access. Additionally, it would not hurt to disable UPnP in the replacement router, since that can overwrite your manual port forwards. Finally, do be sure that the device you're port forwarding to has either a Static IP assigned, or is given a DHCP Reservation in the router.

arees

Thanks - below is a screenshot of my router's port forwarding rules as requested:

Yes, I set my Cloud Drive's HTTP and HTTPS ports to manual configuration with using the default Port 80 for HTTP and Port 443 for HTTPS.

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 As addressed earlier, turn off UPnP in the NAT rotuer.

#2 How are you testing to see if those ports are blocked?

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

The screen snapshot only shows the "definition" of protocols... i.e HTTPS is defined as a forward from any source TCP port to port 443 on a destination.

A port forward rule needs to be defined now which actually says to perform that forward to the specific internal IP address of the WD device (i.e. forward HTTPS - as defined by the definition shown) to a specific IP address.

brunjest

I have exact same problem and got same answer from WD.   mycloud access was working fine with old actiontec fios router.  after replacing with quantum router access fails.

i have PR4100.

from PR4100, the Cloud Access says Port Forwarding COnnected. 

Anyone else solve this so I don't have to call FIOS

0 Likes
brunjest

well I got it to work again, wasted another 3 hours of my life

1. updated PR4100 to do Manual for Cloud Access and set to use 9080 and 9443 ports

2. Updated FIOS QUantum Router to have port forwarding for 9080 and 9443

finally works again.

0 Likes