Port Forwarding on G3100 no longer working
Rcgus
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anyone experiencing recent port forwarding issues on 3100 ?  I have been using port forwarding for years on several Verizon routers with no issues.  Last week it stopped working.  I've check and triple checked all troubleshooting and no luck.  Wondering if a firmware rolled out and killed my PF.

Just wondering.  Thank you !

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Port Forwarding on G3100 no longer working
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Rcgus wrote:

Not exactly sure what you mean.  Setting it up to log in remotely from any computer.  Its worked for years and was always easy to repair when it failed.  The UI has changed and it now asks for the original port.  I don't know what that means.  It didn't ask for that before.  It went from easy, to not so easy.  Thank you 

Ok. You want port to port forwarding and original port and destination port (forward to port) to be same.

Original port is what port to listen for on the WAN side. Destination port is what port your device is listening on its network interface.

I know these definitions are very confusing and they change meanings across different BHRs.

On the G1100, they are THREE ways of achieving the same thing.

This got reduced to only ONE way on G3100, only the Advanced version of PF is carried over to G3100 from G1100.

G1100 Short Hand Version, you probably configured through this before.

imageG1100 PF Short Hand Type

How PF should really be configured on G1100 through the Advanced ModeimageG1100 PF Advanced TypeG3100/CR1000A Port Forwarding, equivalent function to G1100.imageG3100 OR CR1000A PF Advanced

View solution in original post

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

What kind of port forwarding are you trying to setup?

Port to port or protocol based?

Rcgus
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not exactly sure what you mean.  Setting it up to log in remotely from any computer.  Its worked for years and was always easy to repair when it failed.  The UI has changed and it now asks for the original port.  I don't know what that means.  It didn't ask for that before.  It went from easy, to not so easy.  Thank you 

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Rcgus wrote:

Ok. You want port to port forwarding and original port and destination port (forward to port) to be same.

Original port is what port to listen for on the WAN side. Destination port is what port your device is listening on its network interface.

I know these definitions are very confusing and they change meanings across different BHRs.

On the G1100, they are THREE ways of achieving the same thing.

This got reduced to only ONE way on G3100, only the Advanced version of PF is carried over to G3100 from G1100.

G1100 Short Hand Version, you probably configured through this before.

imageG1100 PF Short Hand Type

How PF should really be configured on G1100 through the Advanced ModeimageG1100 PF Advanced TypeG3100/CR1000A Port Forwarding, equivalent function to G1100.imageG3100 OR CR1000A PF Advanced

Port forwarding with G3100 not working this week but was working last week
sky-pickle

I have a G3100 router with firmware 3.1.1.17 and hardware version 1104.

I am trying to forward port 10308 to a pc on my network whose static IP is 192.168.1.21

My config in the Advanced->Security and Firewall->Port Forwarding tab looks like this:

Checking my port with https://canyouseeme.org/ shows it closed.

How do I troubleshoot this?

Somewhere I read that I have to make a DNS entry? But that does not make any sense to me.

0 Likes
Re: Port forwarding with G3100 not working this week but was working last week
sky-pickle

BTW, there are several ports opened by UPNP and canyouseeme.org does see these as open. So something is wrong with the firmware.

I tried rebooting the router-no change.

I tried reverting to a saved config-no change

0 Likes
Re: Port forwarding with G3100 not working this week but was working last week
sky-pickle

To make matters more confusing, this app says the port is open:

http://www.pcwintech.com/simple-port-tester

and after I did this, now canyouseeme.org sees the port as open.

I think perhaps verizon has a security application that specifically identifies and blocks specific external applications/ip addresses  from testing their routers.

0 Likes
Rcgus
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you !  I deleted old PF and re-entered as you described.  Up and running now.  Greatly appreciated!! 

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed. Please feel free to open a new thread for further discussion. Thank you.

0 Likes