Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Port forwarding with westell A90 9100EM

Finch
Contributor
Contributor

Port forwarding with westell A90 9100EM

Message 1 of 2
(12,514 Views)

I recently installed a new westell 9100em router.   I am trying to set up port forwdaring for a game called Starcraft, which uses port 6112.  I tried portforward.com, which allowed me to forward my ports for this game for every other router I have used, but this router is not listed there.  I don't know if this will be any help, but I am able to join games, just not host them. When I host a game, it says that my latency is too high for others to join.  Here is a list of the fileds needed for the "add screen" and what it says on my diagnostics page.  I believe local host should be my computer's ID given by the router(192.168.1.2)?

Thanks!

Add Port Forwarding Rule

[ ] Specify Public IP Address

Local Host:[192.168.1.2

[ ] Specify Network IP Address

Protocols: [drop down box]

Forward to Port: ______________

------------------------------

Local Host     Local Address     Network Address    Public IP Address   Protocols         Status 

localhost       127.0.0.1        Any                Any                 TCP Any -> 4567   Active  

1 REPLY 1
dslr595148
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Port forwarding with westell A90 9100EM

Message 2 of 2
(12,455 Views)
Your router screens may look like one of these two guides:

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Actiontec/MI-424-WR/MI-424-WRindex.htm

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Actiontec/MI-424-WRv2/MI-424-WRv2index.htm

^^

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title