possible virus
twins4us60

last week i had a few popups about quarantine a driver, I selected quarantine. tonight my computer wont let me sign in, it wont power off or anything. does this sound like a virus? is there anythng I can do.

0 Likes
Re: possible virus
VZ_Ron
Contributor - Level 2

Hey if you don't have any anit-virus software on your pc to run then you should take your pc to a repair shop.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

free anti-virus software at

www.avast.com

prisaz
Legend

@viafax999 wrote:

www.avast.com

I love AVAST. I ran AVG until I went to XP64 and the to Vista64. Avast has found things that Norton just skipped over. Also was able to clean the items Norton found and could not. McAfee I can't stand. It is on the corporate network but I dislike it as much as Norton. Both were tops at one time, and now living off the name in my book. I don't care what the rating say. AVAST has saved my rear more than once. Still getting used to the new 5.0 Version.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@prisaz wrote:

@viafax999 wrote:

www.avast.com

I love AVAST. I ran AVG until I went to XP64 and the to Vista64. Avast has found things that Norton just skipped over. Also was able to clean the items Norton found and could not. McAfee I can't stand. It is on the corporate network but I dislike it as much as Norton. Both were tops at one time, and now living off the name in my book. I don't care what the rating say. AVAST has saved my rear more than once. Still getting used to the new 5.0 Version.

Why did you not run it with the 64bit OS's?  I seem to recall loading it on xp64, vista64 and win7 64.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@viafax999 wrote:

@prisaz wrote:

@viafax999 wrote:

www.avast.com

Why did you not run it with the 64bit OS's?  I seem to recall loading it on xp64, vista64 and win7 64.

Why did I not run AVG on XP64? It was not compatible with the 64 bit system, and when I started running 64 bit, AVG had no expected release date. I was running XP64 from beta through the RTM and OEM versions. AVG was not supported at that time, so I found AVAST and never looked back. Went from XP64 to Vista 64. Other computers in the home went from XP32bit to Vista 64. Three running Vista 64bit, 1 Still at XP 32bit, 2 laptops still at XP 32bit. Total 6 PCs in my house if you include the router it is a total of 7. Router runs IP-Cop Linux. Avast runs on all my PCs except for the router.

0 Likes