Price Increase!?!
shuhao222

So i was wondering why my Verizon FIOS 15/5 plan went from $55 a month to $63 and the echat representative told me that verizon supposely increased my bill by $8.....i was not informed of that at all and being a customer for many years i was told my contract expiration date is 2 years from now...since when did i renew my contract???? Can someone please explain to me why there is a $8 extra fee and who extended my contract.  

0 Likes
Re: Price Increase!?!
Untdrums1
I also just attempted to pay my bill and noticed an $8 increase. I called a representative and she said it was an across the board increase that I can do nothing about. Luckily, I have been out of contract since 2011 and I will be looking for an alternative provider.
0 Likes
njmikl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was a Verizon Fios Internet customer for 5 yeaqrs and have/had no complaints with them in all that time.

I understand that the price increase was a business decision on their part; which I made a financial decision to take my business to their competitor Optimum.

For me, the $8 increase to receive the same speed tier (15/5mbps) for now $62.99/month+taxes and fees was unacceptable. When I saw Optimum was offering a 50/25mbps for $54.90/month, I called VF to see if they were interested in customer retention and unfortunately they were not as they said they could not provide a similar offer.

No harm, no foul. It just made the decision to jump ship much easier.

So far, I have nothing but good things to say about Optimum. My service was installed less than two days after my initial inquiry. The installation techs were very friendly and prompt and the telephone support tech I had to call to finish setup was great. I conducted a speeedtest  and so far I am seeing an average of 49/27 speeds on my pc.

That being said, I have only had the service for two days so we'll see how long the honeymoon lasts. Hopefuly it will be as long a relationship as I had with Verizon.

Loyalty is a two way street. Too bad that one side didnt' see it that way...I guess it's just business.

kramimus

Also just got hit with the new charge without warning or notification.  In fact, if I view my plan online, it still shows the same old $54.99/mo rate, despite the fact that they just charged my credit card $62.99 earlier this month.

It is disappointing that Verizon did not even give a token increase in bandwidth for the extra $8 they decided to start charging.

0 Likes
TJ1203
Enthusiast - Level 2

my bill went up to 72.99 for the 15/5 service which is a bit crazy for 15/5

jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

There was also a $1 increase per STB noted in the October bill.

0 Likes
BMG4ME1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was not impressed with the quality of service of Comcast (our alternative) when I used them before.  Also Comcast wants you to pay for TV service that you don't use.  I guess we will have to put up with it since the Verizon service is reliable.  On the other hand, at some stage the decision to go to VOIP based on cheaper cost may no longer be so smart if the internet you need to get that service is $30 a month more than it was when you first started using FIOS (which is pretty much the case with me).  I am almost tempted to get rid of our landline and FIOS completely and just use cellular wireless for our voice and data.  I wonder whether it will be this increase or the next one that makes that happen?  I was very irked by the increase, which I only saw today.  I tried to look for a warning on my latest bill but there doesn't actually seem to be a way to view a real bill with notices on it.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I saw it on our October bill

0 Likes
NickZQ
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same here, my FiOS internet 15/5 prices went from $54.99 to $62.99 this month.  I'm a little angry because I had hoped it would stay fixed at $54.99.  But looking at the rate for new subscribers the cost is $49.99 for 12 months then $69.99 for months 13 thru 24.

The average cost would be $60.00/month for new customers.  But FiOS is extremely reliable so I guess it's worth it.

0 Likes
csms1
Enthusiast - Level 2
we're planning to drop our home phone service to offset the cost. We barely use it. At some point if I hear good things about comcast I may switch back to them.
0 Likes