Problem with Upload Speeds (please read!)
LazzZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

So we just upgraded our Fios speed from 75/75 (using a Gateway Router) to 300/300 (now using the newer G3100 Router). Along with the Router (2nd Floor), we also got the Extender (which is in Basement). So the Router was set up, and after some hiccups at the beginning (with the speeds not quite being 300/300 wired), everything was working as it should. Wired Speeds were 300 up and down (Good!), and even Wireless speeds were both 300 up and down (when next to or very close to the Router).

Here's the problem. Over the weekend, the Cable TV pictures all froze up. Obviously, there was some kind of problem somewhere. So, we called the Fios 1-888 number, and the automated system ran some tests, and eventually (somehow), there wound up being a Factory Reset on our Router. (I can tell, because the SSID's we created weren't there anymore). So here's the problem: After this Factory Reset the other day, the download speeds are all around 300 (Good!), BUT..........the Download Speeds (both Wired and Wireless) don't reach 300. They're hovering around 100.

So my question is - while the router was working just fine a couple of days ago, how could the Factory Reset of the Router now give us Upload Speeds that are significantly lower than we had earlier? Is there a specific setting or something I can tweak? This has been happening for almost the last 24 hours, so wanted to see why this was happening or what we could do to fix this????? Why is the router doing this?? (Note: We have disabled SON, we're using a separate 5 Ghz WIFI Signal.......and it's on this band that we're getting these 300/100 speeds).

Appreciate any guidance or advice you can share. Thank you!!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Problem with Upload Speeds (please read!)
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you try giving your ONT a power cycle again? The automated system might've tried, and failed, to have rebooted it when you called the service line.

Re: Problem with Upload Speeds (please read!)
LazzZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Smith6612,

We did get a representative on the phone, and I do believe they did an ONT Reset remotely.   I do think that might have helped!     Since I wrote my original post, we have pretty consistently been getting 300 down AND up.........so now it's working as it should!

Quick question.  If I just want to the power source for the ONT and just unplugged it and then plugged it back in, would that essentially just give me the ONT reset without having to go through an employee on the phone?