Problem with VZ's DNS server?
Omni-Potent
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anybody know if VZ is having issues with their DNS server? Every computer in the house is having intermetent problems pulling up web pages. Changed them over to use OpenDNS servers and that corrected the problem.

I want to change my router to use OpenDNS, but I can find the settings in it's firmware. Anybody know how to change it on a UltraLine 9100EM ?

0 Likes
Re: Problem with VZ's DNS server?
JGT
Enthusiast - Level 2

Get on the Version router and check the connection status.

System Monitoring -> Router Status

Look at the "Broadband Connection Status" line.

0 Likes
Omni-Potent
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been to that page before, but it doesn't give my any options to change the DNS server addresses.

0 Likes
humarock1150
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same issues, but it was even before I had FIOS installed last tuesday...all of a sudden it would go to 'can't load page' on all my tabs.....

I looked all over the place to openDNS settings and couldn't find it, but then I noticed I had Symantec running on my system, which I don't use anymore, so I removed it and so far so good, don't know if it is coincedence or not.

Can you tell me where to find the page to openDNS settings?  (not much of a tech can't ya tell? lol)....

Thanks,

K

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

click my network at top

on left click on network connections

then click on broadband connection coax (or ethernet if you are ethernet)

and then settings

and you can change it from there

Omni-Potent
Enthusiast - Level 3

@ Hubrisnxs

Thanks, that got me where I needed to be to change the DNS server address. However, on my router's firmware, once you've selected "broadband connection (coax), have to select "configure connection" on the left, not "settings".

Omni-Potent
Enthusiast - Level 3

@ humarock1150

If you want to change the DNS server on your router just like I did, follow those previous instructions if you have the same router.

If you want to change them on your PC, follow the instructions from OpenDNS's website:

http://use.opendns.com/

The_Spectacle
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been having problems with the Verizon DNS for the last 4-5 months, it randomly decides not to resolve webpages. When I change the server to my computer 4.2.2.1 internet functionality will resume functioning again. I just finished calling tech support and have a new ActionTec router on the way, I'm thinking it might have something to do with the old Westell I'm using.

0 Likes
Timdog

i use google server 8.8.8.8 to solve my dns,  works all the time

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

I have been using OpenDNS for years now, not a single problem, I highly recommend using them. I started using OpenDNS because of occasional problems with the Verizon DNS servers, problems that just don't happen with OpenDNS.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes