Problems Connecting WiFi to Smart TV
georginamorgan

Hi All

We have a Sharp Smart TV which on initial installation was working brillantly with our WiFi.  Then we upgraded our Verizon router to the new MI424WRI and now our TV won't connect to the Wifi.  I know that there is no button to press, but when you go into the TV settings and manually search for a WiFi network our's comes up - I put in the WPA password and then it says it can't connect and refer to the Network manual.

We're tried rebooting the router.  Anyone got any ideas on how I can solve?  Right now I can't work out if its a TV issue or Network problem.

Thanks,

Georgina

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problems Connecting WiFi to Smart TV
CaptainSTX
Contributor - Level 3

You should be using WPA2 for both security and maximum throughput.

Check that you network  security on the router and the TV are identical.   You may need to create a new network SSID so your TV forgets the old one.

View solution in original post

CaptainSTX
Contributor - Level 3

You should be using WPA2 for both security and maximum throughput.

Check that you network  security on the router and the TV are identical.   You may need to create a new network SSID so your TV forgets the old one.

Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Are you using all capitals when entering the WPA2 password?

ReneMilet

We have two smart TVs.  the one upstairs is connected to a router.and connects to the internet fine and we can order movies from Amazon and watch with no problems.   The one downstairs is not connceted to a router. 

We just set up the downstairs TV to the internet and rented a movie to watch from Amazon.  Every few minutes the movie stopped to load.  We found a cable and connected our verizon "box" to the TV but it did not help.  Any suggestions?  If I had an old linksys router would that work?

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes