Problems with Anti Virus and Verizon In-Home Agent
Susan512
Enthusiast - Level 1

I sat online and on the phone with several Verizon agents and a McAfee agent and no one was able to fix the following problem and it's annoying.

Recently I Installed McAfee and now I can't use the Verizon In-Home Agent and I can't close any of my IE windows without hitting alt + crtl + delete or I have to click on file and exit the windows that way.

My biggest annoyance is that I can't use the Verizon In-Home Agent anymore.

I've tried uninstalling McAfee and re installing it. I've also tried uninstalling and re installing Verizon In-Home Agent but the Verizon In-Home Agent still will not work. 

When I try to run the Verizon In-Home Agent I get a error message that says "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit, the application will close immediately. Error creating window handle."

I've tried hitting continue but still the Verizon In-Home Agent does not load.

If anyone else has had this problem or has any ideas on what to do I'd appreciate them.

Re: Problems with Anti Virus and Verizon In-Home Agent
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

You may have a problem with registry errors. Try doing a system restore to the point prior to installing Mcafee and VZ IHA. (to the point before either was installed). This should clear out the registry entries for both programs (uninstalling a program does not do this). Then after the restore, install Mcafee first, then install the VZ IHA. This may help.

wilsondawn

Just  purchased anti-virus package am unable to download need assistant now

0 Likes
rk017011

Sorry, not that bad.  I was two days trying to install IHA and all I got was error messages about viruses.  It would appear that the downloadable file has quite a few viruses in it.  The only way I got IHA to install was to disable my virus checker, install it (no problems) and then enable my virus checker.  It found 47 instances of viruses.  Does Verizon care - I don't think so as talking to them is like talking to a wall.

0 Likes
acras
Enthusiast - Level 1

I foolishly installed the IHA on 1/28 following a c.s. supervisors recommendation trying to determine why my internet was running so slow (Verizon outage, not my devices).  There were countless script errors in the software and it froze the p.c. it was installed on (pentium i5 with 6gb ram,  so plenty of power).  I uninstalled the program but elements have stayed on my system. This is the same behavior that malicious software uses, so your antivirus is doing is job and protecting your computer from harmful programs. No honest software should be persistent and leave elements after an uninstall and reboot. You should be happy that mcafee is blocking it.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@acras wrote:

I foolishly installed the IHA on 1/28 following a c.s. supervisors recommendation trying to determine why my internet was running so slow (Verizon outage, not my devices).  There were countless script errors in the software and it froze the p.c. it was installed on (pentium i5 with 6gb ram,  so plenty of power).  I uninstalled the program but elements have stayed on my system. This is the same behavior that malicious software uses, so your antivirus is doing is job and protecting your computer from harmful programs. No honest software should be persistent and leave elements after an uninstall and reboot. You should be happy that mcafee is blocking it.

CHeck your Control panel, Uninstall programs.  The IHA comes in as a single install, but actually installs at least two components.  Each must be separately uninstalled.

0 Likes