Problems with Westell Wifi
h4xdaplanet

Hi all

I have a Westell 9100EM router from Verizon. All of a sudden, it has started dropping all wifi connections. The computers can see the AP. Sometimes the computers can connect and get an IP and sometimes they can't connect at all. I've tried everything from resetting the router to default and restoring the config, changing SSID name, changing encryption type (currently WPA2), changing the channel, powercycle, etc.

Currently the Wireless Status says that it has received 0 packets. I've had no problems with this before, haven't changed anything, just all of a sudden started acting up. Of course, connection over ethernet is great. I'm running software version 1.04 (not sure if there is an update).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Problems with Westell Wifi
cjacobs001
Contributor - Level 3

start at the basics:  

You mentioned that you tried "changing SSID name, changing encryption type (currently WPA2), changing the channel, powercycle, etc."  after you mentioned "..resetting the router to default and restoring the config,"

So, the thing to do is to start from default settings on the router AND DEFAULT on the computer, to get it working before you change default settings on either.  If you have changed internal computer settings to work with any changes you made on the router, the thing to do is to change computer settings back so that they work with the default router settings... . .make sure it works, THEN make your own security changes to the router and the computer.  

Depress the router reset button and hold it in for 15 to 20 seconds.....maybe twice in a row....and make sure all computer settings arte back to what they were so that they woould work with the default router settings . . . then proceed to make your changes again

0 Likes