PS4 fortnite download failing
LukeD27

I had fortnite on my PS4 and it was working fine, I went to download the new season that just came out and the download would fail at 6.59 Gb or so every time. It would say " cannot download the data is corrupted" something like that, and give error code:  ce-36244-9. 

I tried everything i found online. PS4 side first i deleted and reinstalled it the game, I cleared space (although there was plenty of space), I reset settings for ps4, I rebuilt the database for it, I removed formatted and reinstalled the OS off a USB, I even tried a completely new PS4. Every time after each one fortnite update/install failed at about 6.59gb out of 12gb file. 

Internet side, I changed the dns i think it was on the PS4 to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I also did the port forwarding on my fios quatum router adding in all the ports for PS4 and fortnite specifically on the PS4. I reset my router back to original settings. None of this worked. 

I did download another game which was 17gb whereas fortnite is just 12gb and that one downloaded fine. I'm fairly confident its nothing to do with the PS4 system at this point. It either has to be the game itself somehow, or my internet somehow. 

I do have a secondary linksys router connected to my fios quantum (Lan port to wan port with ethernet) it has a separate wifi network to conenct to.  it hasnt really given any issues with anything else but could this be an issue? I have no idea what to try. Any suggestions here? 

0 Likes
Re: PS4 fortnite download failing
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

For helpers to help you better, it would help to know at least the following:

#1 What is the exact brand and model of your primary NAT router (fios quatum router)?

For example the G3100.

#2 Since you have a separate Linksys NAT router: What is the model of it?

For example I have the E4200 hardware version one.

#3 Since you have FIOS Internet, do you also have FIOS TV?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since you have another router plugged into the FiOS router, make sure the Linksys router is in Bridge or "AP" mode. This won't affect the problem you're having, but it will affect Game Play and whether or not you get "Strict NAT" or "Moderate NAT" (NAT Type 3 / NAT Type 2" on PlayStation) if the Linksys router is running as a full blown router.

For the Fortnite Download, see if the Verizon Home Network Protection feature is on. If it is, try turning it off and see if your game download works again.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Smith6612 wrote:

For the Fortnite Download, see if the Verizon Home Network Protection feature is on. If it is, try turning it off and see if your game download works again.

If that fixes the issue, please say so. That includes if it is a term called Work Around. By this from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Workaround

A workaround is a bypass[1] of a recognized problem or limitation in a system or a policy.[2] A workaround is typically a temporary fix[3][4] that implies that a genuine solution to the problem is needed
0 Likes