Quantum 50/50 - ActionTec MI424WR what revision
mikdoc00

I've had FIOS Quantum 50/50(with match speed now) for two years.  I was only provided the ActionTec MI424WR Rev E Router (silver stripe not red).  Shouldn't I have been given Rev I or even the initial Generation 3 GigE Router?  It is my understanding that the Rev E was intended for "Hi-Speed/DSL" not Quantum.

Any input from other Quantum 50/50 users or Verizon Representative is appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

0 Likes
Re: Quantum 50/50 - ActionTec MI424WR what revision
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Rev F or better.

Verizon Chat or Support over the phone, should be able to exchange it.

If you don't want to bother with those two channels, then you can probably take advantage of the free router upgrade deal.  I think you have to pay 5 dollars shipping, but you should get a rev f or better router. 

https://teleproducts.verizon.com/fios/index.cfm/eh/DisplayDetails

0 Likes
Re: Quantum 50/50 - ActionTec MI424WR what revision
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

The rev. E is perfectly adequate for 50/50 wired connections.  With the rev. E, you will be limited to about 20/20 wirelessly under good conditions, since the rev. E is 802.11g only.  With the rev. F or rev. I, you should be able to get 50/50 wirelessly.

@mikdoc00 wrote:

Shouldn't I have been given Rev I or even the initial Generation 3 GigE Router?  

The rev. I IS the initial Gen 3 GigE router.

@mikdoc00 wrote:

It is my understanding that the Rev E was intended for "Hi-Speed/DSL" not Quantum. 

The Actiontec MI424-Wr was never intended for DSL use.

0 Likes