Quantum Gateway Guest Login
philhulett1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received an email from Verizon announcing upgrades to my FiOs Quantum Gateway which allow me yo seamlessly set up a guest login...all I have to do is use the My FiOs App to quickly and easily set it up. No so fast, bucko. Apparently none of this is available yet...but then again, who knows. 

{edited for privacy}

By the way...I tried giving the My Fios App a poor review on the form page supplied within the app...but when I click "send" a message pops up that says, "please give the app a rating" - uh...where? There is no such rating option available.  As cool as Verizon is, it's websites and mobile product continue to be very poor.  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Quantum Gateway Guest Login
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

The best way to manage the router is to login into it's web site.  Assuming you haven't changed it's settings, you can click here to access it:

http://192.168.1.1

This only works from devices connected to your router.  The password is printed on the router's label.  It can be changed.  If you've changed it and forgot it, you'll need to do a factory reset to get back into it.

Guest WFi is on the "Wireless Settings" page.  If you don't see it, your router hasn't been upgraded yet.

Enjoy.

View solution in original post

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

A new firmware upgrade for the Quantum router became available on Thursday, 1/22/15.  It adds many features, including Guest WiFi.  My router did not automatically get the upgrade.  I had to do a "reset to defaults" on the advance menu to get the upgrade.  Guest WiFi works fine for me after this upgrade.

The MyFiOS app was upgraded today or yesterday.  It has new controls over the router, including guest WiFI and parental controls.  You should have gotten this through Apple's upgrade process (which works way better than Verizon).

Note that if you manually force an upgrade using "reset to defaults," you will loose some or all custom router settings.  A save/restore can help, but not everything will come back.  In particular, static DHCP leases will be lost.  Make note of any important settings before using this method.  The upgrade will happen a few minutes after the router reboots from the "reset to default" step.  It will reboot again, on it's own.  When it comes back, it will have the upgrade.

There are other threads on this forum about the upgrade.  dslreports.com has a very active set of discussions about the Quantum router and related issues.

If I was generous, I'd give Verizon the benefit of the doubt as they may not be forcing Quantum routers to upgrade yet; thus the chat folks aren't ready to talk about it.  However, I believe that Verizon's internal bureaucracy has allowed the upgrade to be rolled out without fully training all the support teams.

Enjoy.

0 Likes
philhulett1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi there. I downloaded and installed the My Fios App today...Android. The set up option does not exist.

Is there a way to set up the guest login on the Verizon website?

Thanks

Phil

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

The best way to manage the router is to login into it's web site.  Assuming you haven't changed it's settings, you can click here to access it:

http://192.168.1.1

This only works from devices connected to your router.  The password is printed on the router's label.  It can be changed.  If you've changed it and forgot it, you'll need to do a factory reset to get back into it.

Guest WFi is on the "Wireless Settings" page.  If you don't see it, your router hasn't been upgraded yet.

Enjoy.

philhulett1
Enthusiast - Level 1

That did the trick. I went to myfiosgateway.com and everything was there. would have been nice if the helpful people at Verizon's Mumbai headquarters knew about that.

0 Likes