Quantum Gateway Parental Controls From Android Device
VerizonLife1

Hello

I am totally frustrated at Verizon's lack of technical support and their poor parental control software on their mediocre FIOS Quantum Router and am hoping that someone can provide some assistance with my problem until I can find a suitable replacement router.

I am trying to set up parental contro Internetl time restrictions on a device via the Android myFios application.  The Andoid myFios application parental controls are not the same as those that are controlled via the web browser myfiosgateway access.  Please don't explain to me how the myfiosgateway parental controls work with the Quantum router.  I am specifically trying to control the device from my Android device for a reason.  This is an advertised feature and I would like to get it to work.  I already know that myfiosgateway parental controls and Android myFios application parental controls do not play well together so cannot both be used at the same time.  I also know that the Android myFios parental controls work because I got it to work with the first Quantum router that Verizon provided.

I am now on my third Quantum router.  When I apply time restrictions from the Android app, the restricted time rule will flash on the screen for a moment and then clear as if I had never entered anything.  This response is not the same as if I were to enter an error in the time entry.  It is as if the restrictions are being accepted and then immediately rejected by the router when it refreshes the data.  This happens on any device that I try to control.  It also is happening from any Android device that I use.  I have uninstalled and re-installed the Android app.  I have rebooted and replaced the router and again uninstalled and reinstalled the Android app.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this?  Verizon has essentially admitted that they know nothing about their Android app and can't support it.  The last tech person that I spoke to on the subject was just going to close the ticket since it couldn't be fixed.  I instead made him at least send me a new router so I could rule that out.

Any help greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

0 Likes