Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu

Quantum Gateway Router 2.4 and 5

itzraywhy
Contributor
Contributor

Quantum Gateway Router 2.4 and 5

Message 1 of 4
(1,207 Views)

How do I choose which computer/devices get to use 5 (the faster one) on the site 192.168.1.1? For some reason, all the phones are using the 5 and the computers using the 2.4. Help plz!

3 REPLIES 3
eljefe
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: Quantum Gateway Router 2.4 and 5

Message 2 of 4
(1,205 Views)

You would select which wifi network is used with each individual device, not the router.

If your computers have 5 GHz capability (and not all do), go to the wifi configuration on each computer, get each one to signout/forget the 2.4 GHz SSID, and sign into the 5 GHz SSID.

tns2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 3 of 4
(1,181 Views)

Hint its recommended that your use different SSID.  Then its just a matter of choosing which one to connect to.

eljefe
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 4 of 4
(1,130 Views)

@tns_2 wrote:

Hint its recommended that your use different SSID.  Then its just a matter of choosing which one to connect to.

I agree with that hint but doesn't the Quantum router identify the 5 GHz 802.11ac signal with -5G after the SSID name?

I don't have hands on experience with the new router (yet), but I expect that's what it would do.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title