Quantum Router Not Allowing Connection to External VPN
DarthHamner

My work has a VPN that operates off L2TP with shared key. The VPN is managed by a Peplink Balance One router. 

I have FiOS service at home, using the old ActionTec mi424 gateway. I have no problems accessing my work's VPN. Users on Xfinity have no problem accessing the VPN. If I am remote, and I use my T-Mobile connection to access the VPN, I have no issues. 

I have two users that access the VPN using the Quantum (G1100) router. Both of those users cannot connect to our office VPN. Try as I might, I cannot alter the settings on the G1100 enough to allow the VPN connection. I've followed Port Forwarding guides available on this forum and elsewhere. Nothing is working. 

My options are 1) drop the VPN security back down to PPTP, which I don't want to do, or 2) require those two users to purchase the older Actiontec router, which they don't want to do. 

Really out of options here. Need to know how/why these G1100 routers cannot connect to L2TP VPNs. 

0 Likes
Re: Quantum Router Not Allowing Connection to External VPN
bev34

If anyone has an answers please let us know as I am experiencing the same issue. Most recently (2 weeks ago) I was able to vpn into my office and get to network drives and resources. However as on 2-3 days ago I can connect via vpn but unable to get to resources with the error message "resolving host" in all browsers.

0 Likes
Michelle310

I am having exactly the same issue, can connect everywhere except our employees who use the G1100 (one of them being me). Were you able to get to the bottom of it? Verizon has shipped me their newest WiFi6 router, hoping that'll help, but would love to know if you've found another solution.

0 Likes
danny1220

Did the new router they shipped to you solve the issue? Looking for a fix to the same problem.

0 Likes