Quantum router - port forward disappear
idrachman1

Through my application on my PC, it creates port forward entries on my new quantum router. I see the entries on the router itself when I log in.  They remain for a period of time and then disappear.  I need those ports opened to access this application from outside my home.

Why do these port forwrad entries disappear randomly and how do I fix this from reoccuring?

0 Likes
Re: Quantum router - port forward disappear
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@idrachman wrote:

Through my application on my PC, it creates port forward entries on my new quantum router. I see the entries on the router itself when I log in.  They remain for a period of time and then disappear.  I need those ports opened to access this application from outside my home.

Why do these port forwrad entries disappear randomly and how do I fix this from reoccuring?

Highly unlikely that your application would be creating port forward rules as to do so it would need to obtain administrative access to the router and would also need to know the format of the rules for the particular router.

Do you have a screen shot of these rules you think are being created?

You should create the port forwarding rules yourself the they will be permanent.

0 Likes
idrachman1

Hi,

I log into the router and see the port forwarding rules applied.  I then test this and it works fine.  

So, I've verified that the rules were applied.  Maybe its a uPNP issue?

0 Likes
idrachman1

2nd response: I think I found the answer.   Since the app uses uPNP, there is a switch that is set to on - clean up of unused upnp port forwards.  This is found under Advanced and Universal plug and play link.

I turned this off (unchecked) and hopefully will resolve the issue.

0 Likes
idrachman1

sorry, didn't work.  ROuter still lost port forward configuration only for these entries.  I may have to manually configure and see if it happens again.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would suggest using DHCP Reservations and manually port forwarding, if you don't have any other need for UPnP. UPnP is a bit of a security risk.