Quantum Routers
Acocchia

Should I Install A New Router With My Purchase Of Fios Quantum? I have read some other forum posts and I have heard mixed answers. Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Quantum Routers
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@Acocchia wrote:
Should I Install A New Router With My Purchase Of Fios Quantum? I have read some other forum posts and I have heard mixed answers. Thanks

It would be helpful if you first told us which router you're presently using, which speed tier you're subscribed to, and any other details that might allow a reasonable response.  Don't be shy, we don't bite.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Acocchia wrote:

If you have a Revision F or older ActionTec router, or a Westell 9100EM, Verizon will ship a new router to you if your old one is not able to handle the speed while wired in. Basically, this is any package above 75Mbps/35Mbps where the router requires Gigabit networking. You shouldn't expect to get your speeds Wirelessly, so please don't use this as a benchmark. In an effort to get the most out of Wireless, though, you may want to consider hanging a cheap router set up in a bridge, or an access point off of your FiOS router using a Wired connection. Something like this can be done for around $35 and a few minutes time, and can maintain support Verizon already provides. Not to mention, far less headache and pain.

0 Likes
ROBERT_O
Enthusiast - Level 1

@Acocchia wrote:

0 Likes