"Build your on website" info for Macs
lsirbuly

I am beyond disturbed!!  I used Verizon's build your own website over 6+ yrs. ago.  When I had a PC (Dell), I was able to edit, add, etc. to my HS reunion site.  Now I have a Mac and NO ONE at Verizon's tech support can figure out why I can't edit or add!!

With the Apple browser, Safari, I couldn't even access my site.  I downloaded Firefox and I can see my site, but still can't edit it.

They said no one from the Mac has ever complained, so am I dense and just can't figure it out??  Please tell me how you can work on your website with a MAC!!

I really don't want to dump Verizon and pick up another company that is kinder and inclusive of Macs, but this is ridiculous.

Thank you for ANY help....Linda

0 Likes
Re: "Build your on website" info for Macs
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

How far in the process do you get? Can you open Site Builder? The edit page for the site? The edit page for a specific piece of the site? Image, text, or something else? Are you getting an error, or is something not loading correctly?

Need a bit more info.

0 Likes
lsirbuly

I can open verizon.net in Safari browser, but can not open anything when I click on "edit your website".  In the Firefox browser, I can open website...I see the edit buttons, I click on a paragraph I want to edit and the box appears which should have the published text in it.  However, it is empty.  Nothing there to edit nor can I even get a cursor to type anything.  I can't click done to close that screen....I have to push the back button on the top to return to last page.

Today I had to go use a 9 yr. old Dell laptop to make some immediate changes...

I want to use this Apple...very frustrating! Linda

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
you may have to download internet explorer for the mac sometimes the verizon sites act funny with firefox and safari give it a shot and let us know if that helps.
0 Likes
lsirbuly

The IE for Mac is not supported by IE anymore....so I hesitated to download it.  I am now looking into whether Safari or Firefox has the latest Java version as someone mentioned from Verizon.  I will call Apple now to see if either have Java.

I will let you know....thanks, Linda

0 Likes
lsirbuly

I downloaded IE and it didn't work....so I deleted it.  I downloaded Chrome and it didn't work.  I updated my software, which was the latest Java.......still didn't work.  

Supposedly mysite.verizon.net is suppose to work with Safari......but it doesn't.  I have nothing else to try ;-(  I really don't want to have to rebuild my website!

Linda

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you do not want to use the builder, you can create the web page your self and upload with FTP.

#1 More details on FTP are at: http://www2.verizon.net/myaccount/manage/sitebuilder/ftp_info.asp

#2 To create/edit the web pages:

a) You must know HTML.

b) OR use a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) HTML editor.

Searching WYSIWYG html mac on for example Google, will find you WYSIWYG html mac editors.

^^

0 Likes
EcoWhomper

Linda,

I can't help with the MAC Issue, But... I to created a website about a year ago. Then promptly forgot about it. I decided to resurrect my interest in it, and started the Journey of accessing it again. I spent all day today on the phone with Verizon, and have not resolved the issue yet. I have a phone number for Domain Services (Intuit) on the east coast, but it was after 3:00 before I tried it.  I will try tomorrow.

My Problem.... I can access the site with the URL, but I can't access it with an FTP Client to work on it. I am quite sure that it is a server setting at Verizon that has been turned off. Using a Console I can ftp to the site but it doesn't accept my ID and Password.

This tells me they have turned off my access.

If I find out anything tomorrow I will let you know..

0 Likes