"Dear Valued Verizon Customer" - Bogus Movie Rental
jtwilcoxxx

I was at my pc checking my Verizon email account when I get an email from verizon-notification@verizon.com that confirms I rented a movie and I will be charged $5.99 plus taxes, etc. I did not rent any movies tonight and I was not even watching tv. How can I dispute this charge? Was my FIOS hacked or malfunctioning? I cannot find a chat option or an email or phone number to call. Please help. The text from the email I received is as follows.

6/11/2013

11:10 PM

Dear Valued Verizon Customer,

Thank you for renting Good Day to Die Hard, A (HD). The details of your rental are below:

Title:Good Day to Die Hard, A (HD) Date Rented:Jun 11, 2013 Price:$5.99 plus applicable taxes and fees.

This movie will be in your library for 30 days. Once you start watching the movie, you will have 48 hours to complete viewing. To begin viewing press  on your FiOS TV remote control and scroll down to My Library.
We hope you enjoy your selection. Here are additional titles that you might enjoy.

To order any of these movies, press  on your FiOS TV remote control or click on one of the icons above.

Thank you for choosing Verizon as your entertainment provider. We truly appreciate your business. 

Sincerely,

Your Verizon Team

0 Likes
Re: "Dear Valued Verizon Customer" - Bogus Movie Rental
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".

There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.  Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: "Dear Valued Verizon Customer" - Bogus Movie Rental
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We hadn't heard back from you over on the private support board. We hope you were able to find the assistance you needed!

If you'd like us to revisit this case, please make a new post on the forums, and we'll be sure to look into it.

Thanks,
Jacob_VZ
0 Likes