"Fluff" With Quantum
GuardianHope
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm currently using the older "non-Quantum" internet services and am curious as to if there is any of that "fluff" still that Verizon used to add to their symmertical package (ex. 35/35 was really 43/43) and if so what do each of the packages actually equate to.

I got the Quantum router for free as a replacement for a dying MI424WR so that's not a concern to me. I'm just curious if the $5 "sidegrade" ($10 after discount runs out) is actually work it.

I've heard some say that the 75/75 package for example is more like 93 symmetrical. I'm just curious as to what each of the packages equates to now - if there's still any "fluff."

0 Likes
Re: "Fluff" With Quantum
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

This is a typical result I see with my 75/75 plan:

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4243664396

edit:  Router here is a MI424WR Rev I 

Re: "Fluff" With Quantum
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've got 75/75 and get 83/83 ish.  I've got the Quantum router.

I find Verizon's use of the Quantum moniker a bit confusing.  For example, I've got the older, non-Quantum multi-room DVR and associated TV service.  I don't think of myself as a Quantum user even though I have 75/75.  In fact, I used the Quantum router with 50/50 before a recent upgrade.  I find it best to stick to the actual speed to describe the different Internet tiers.

Enjoy.