Received the WORST customer service... or lack of?
tha91

Well as you can tell from the subject line, this is about their customer service. There is a back story to this I promise.

On June 11, I was informed that the technican would arrive to my place from 1-3pm. I made the mistake by scheduling my current internet plan to cancel because I trusted Verizon and have never been let down. (I moved in a month earlier than my boyfriend and just had fios internet installed. but since he has moved in, the internet speed has been slow. Therefore, we wanted to cancel my slow internet and install his fast internet. He purchased the package so it also included cable...which we also never received the box via mail, like they said we would.)

So on Sunday, we were waiting around and to our surprise... our technican was a no call, no show. after waiting and then giving up on them showing up we proceeded to call Verizon only to be told that there was some error in the system and that they don't see us in their queue. Oh btw, we also did receive a confirmation email regarding this appointment.

Frustrated, we were then told that there was nothing they could do at the moment. They couldn't even reactivate my slow/old internet service because it was Sunday and they were closed. We were extremely disappointed and then were told to call back the following day, Monday.

Moving onto Monday... we call again and were told that the closest they can send a technican out is on Friday, June 16. An email confirmation was sent but a time was never confirmed. Hmm... a bit odd right..? Friday rolls around and my gut told me that the Verizon technician wasn't going to arrive. I decided to give them a call to confirm the status and to make sure everything was still happening according to the "schedule." Once again, I was let down and was told that there seems to be an issue. They told me that they didn't see us on the schedule.. and that we were quite possibly "bumped."  I retold the agent I spoke to the events that transpired on Sunday and she was very apologetic and empathetic. Okay, great.. she understands my frustration and promises to "make things right." I asked for a way to be compensated with discounts or promotions on top of the deal we got. I normally don't do this but because of he lack of service we received... I thought that was the only way to make it up to me. The first answer I got from her was, "You guys already got a really great deal. I wish we could top it but we can't."

Flabbergasted... I thought it was complete **bleep**. They totally can if they wanted to. They are in control of promotions and discounts. So, I call bull. A little later she said that she could give us $7 discount for a year long as well as 28 Starz channels. I don't really watch cable that much.. so the additional channels didn't mean much to me. I was more so looking for a monetary discount/compensation. But ok whatever, every little bit helps I guess.

Evette, the name of the agent I spoke to informed me that she was on the other line with dispatch and a techician will be sent to install our new internet that day after 3 pm and to be on the look out for a phone call prior to their arrival.

After being put on hold and with a total call duration of about 40 min (This was about the average time for each call I made to them... and I made a lot that week), I felt a bit reassured again. 3pm rolls around... and then 4pm.. and then 5pm. Still nothing. I call and call and it seemed like no one was on the other line. I was waiting on the phone for at least 20 minutes until I finally gave up. This was the last straw.

No call, no show... back to back. Unbelievable. This is the worst service I have EVER received. Friday evening we got a hold of a live chat agent and he informed us the same thing we have been informed already. So that was pretty much useless. Saturday rolls around, I decide to call again (yes, I'm persistent) and spoke to an agent named Anthony. He brought up the whole system error again... saying that it was the cause of the hold up. I retold the story again and informed him of EVERYTHING that happened. And like the other agent, he assured me that they were going to make this right. But because of the system error.. our account was locked so he couldn't do anything. He told me that once our account is unlocked, he will speak to his supervisor and they will "make this right." I've been told that so many times... it's no longer convincing. He then said to expect a call on Monday or Tuesday from an agent after our account has been unlocked.

Ok, so now... get this. Later around 12pm on the same day, we received a missed call from a technician (he left a voice mail saying that he was en route to our apartment and if we had any questions to return his call). My boyfriend's phone wasn't with him at the time and we were also not expecting the tech to show up today... especially after what we've been told. Flushed with confusion... we called the techician back only to be told that he arrived but couldn't get into our complex... he never called back to tell us to let him in. So naturally.. he just left. And told us to give a call to Verizon and maybe there is another tech in the area that can help.

So we call Verizon again... only to be told that the closest date they can send someone out here is Thursday, June 15. Nearly given up, we just accepted it and was just hoping for the best to be honest. This whole experience has been a huge let down.

Well folks, today is Tuesday. I am writing this because I have no confidence that they will call. We still have yet to receive an email confirmation regarding the time they will be arriving.

I have literally complained as much as I can but to no avail. Not sure how much posting on here will do since they have still yet to resolve my ongoing issue... but here's to hoping.

I have literally developed trust issues because of Verizon.

Thanks for nothing.

0 Likes
Re: Received the WORST customer service... or lack of?
jonjones1
Legend

Unfortunately this is a customer to customer forum. But there are moderators who can send you through to Verizon customer service.

not sure that is what you want.

your story is long and confusing. Did you have fios already and wanted higher speeds? TV? Phone? That is unclear since you keep saying cable.

fios is not cable. Additionally if you needed a speed upgrade a simple switch at the CO can make that happen. However if your fios speed was 50/50 up to 100/100 it is done over coaxial. So you need an ethernet connection.

sometimes things happen. But it's a learning experience.

Hope it works out

0 Likes
tha91

lol yes, I mentioned cable like twice. I apologize for my post being long and confusing.. but thats exactly what I've been experiencing with Verizon... and yes, I did already have fios install like I mentioned earlier but wanted to upgrade to a higher speed (the higher speed came with a cable, it was a package deal). I am aware fios is not cable lol.

And yes, I agree. Things do happen. Which is why I was a bit more forgiving after the first time this occurred... but then it happened again. I am just tired of being told the same thing and getting nowhere. We have made 4-5 calls last week and been on the each call for at least 40 minutes... I have remained as patient and calm as I can and even restraining myself from using curse words. I don't want to be THAT customer.. but in all honesty, this experience has been mediocre.

I would really appreciate if the moderators can send me through to Verizon customer service....

Thanks.

0 Likes
MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi tha91,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.