Reset my router and WiFi is GONE COMPLETELY!!!
hoaf

I reset my Fios router with wireless using the reset button and after reboot wireless is completely gone and is no longer broadcasting a signal. I plugged my computer in through the ethernet connection and can access the internet but upon logging into the administrative function through http:\\192.168.1.1 i can no longer access the wireless settings. 

I think the wireless card fried but i'm not sure. 

0 Likes
Re: Reset my router and WiFi is GONE COMPLETELY!!!
hoaf

Additional Info: I am using an Actiontek MI424WR router provided by Verizon.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you change the wifi SSID and perhaps after resetting the router it has now reverted to it's original name?   You can find the SSID name by looking at the sticker on the bottom of the router or by logging into the router and going into the wireless settings page.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
What happens when you access the Wireless Settings page? Does the administration page hang or crash the router? It's a possibility the radio may have failed, but then there's a possibility the router needs a reset to factory defaults again or a bad firmware upgrade occurred sometime in the past.
Hubrisnxs
Legend

are you saying the wireless settings button is gone completely?

if that is the case then you should update the firmware and it will restore that wireless settings button

advanced and upgrade firmware. 

prisaz
Legend

@hoaf wrote:

Additional Info: I am using an Actiontek MI424WR router provided by Verizon.

What hardware revision. REV. (Letter)

If it is a REV. A and it died, they would probably send you a new one if tech support can not resolve your issue. Regardless of what revision it is, if it is broke they will fix it. Try doing as suggested and if all else fails use the contact us link at the bottom of this page for tech support.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

My friend at verizon just shot me a note saying that they had a problem with a recent firmware update.

Firmware versions  20.10.7 or 20.0.7.5  had a bad image and the routers automatically reverted to version 19. Version 19 does not have wireless ability, it only allows for wired connection so that the router can have the firmware upgraded properly. The routers should automatically update and the wireless should return within 10 minutes or so. But if the wireless does not return, then log into the router, go to advanced in the menu and "update firmware". Once the router has its firmware updated the wireless should start working again. 

lisaev

@spacedebris wrote:

My friend at verizon just shot me a note saying that they had a problem with a recent firmware update.

Firmware versions  20.10.7 or 20.0.7.5  had a bad image and the routers automatically reverted to version 19. Version 19 does not have wireless ability, it only allows for wired connection so that the router can have the firmware upgraded properly. The routers should automatically update and the wireless should return within 10 minutes or so. But if the wireless does not return, then log into the router, go to advanced in the menu and "update firmware". Once the router has its firmware updated the wireless should start working again. 

Hmmm can you please elaborate on that? Especially the firmware part?

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@lisaev wrote:

@spacedebris wrote:

Hmmm can you please elaborate on that? Especially the firmware part?

Well there is not much to elaberate on. Verizon upgraded the firmware in the routers. (firmware versions ending in in 20.10.7 or 20.0.7.5 depending on which router you have). That upgrade was faulty. So the router that did the upgrade and got the faulty one crashed and the router rebooted on its default firmware that does not have support for wireless. Its a firmware ment to get it online, just enough to let it upgrade to a full functional firmware. Now the routers are supposed to automaticaly update the firmware, so if it does do so automatically, the wireless function will return once it is updated. If it doesnt do it automaticaly, you will have to log into the router and upadate it manually to get the wireless working again.

0 Likes
lisaev

Thanks. Do you know when this update was pushed?

0 Likes