Residential FioS unable to connect to HostGator servers since 10-5-13
diginn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Very frustrating. I haven't been able to connect to my servers, check email or conduct business due to this issue. According to HostGator, this is a Verizon issue that is supposedly being worked on. How long does this take?? I'm about to call Time Warner

0 Likes
Re: Residential FioS unable to connect to HostGator servers since 10-5-13
jjarokervc

I see the same network problem as you do.

I just posted the same problem, 5 minutes after your post.

0 Likes
doctortv
Enthusiast - Level 1

Still going on in Richmond VA as well....any solution in sight, Verizon?

0 Likes
diginn
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's going on 12 hours. Does anyone even know if they're aware or working on it? As big as this company is, you'd think they'd have someone take care of it.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@diginn wrote:

It's going on 12 hours. Does anyone even know if they're aware or working on it? As big as this company is, you'd think they'd have someone take care of it.

Have you considered contacting technical support rather than venting on a peer support group forum?

qtippy

@viafax999 wrote:

@diginn wrote:

Have you considered contacting technical support rather than venting on a peer support group forum?

Isn't this type of issue what the forum is for? I'm not saying don't open a ticket, but Verizon's technical support beyond a broken router is... disheartening.

I also have websites on Hostgator and not able to get to it from home. However, the issue does seem like a erroneous dns entry that's going around. It's also not working on my Sprint phone.

0 Likes
diginn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, multiple sources have contacted Verizon regarding this. Also, isn't this what the forum is for? Support? Your post is useless.

0 Likes
diginn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Seems to be fixed///

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@diginn wrote:

Seems to be fixed///

Maybe not so useless?

We cannot change an incorrect DNS entry but we can call tech support and point out to them that there is a broken DNS entry.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus
Moved for greater exposure
0 Likes