Re: Restore Netflix access
jsunshine1

I also just upgraded to faster Quantum internet to improve Netflix speeds. Unfortunately, Netflix is streeming even more slowly now. Please fix this, or I'll switch ISPs!

0 Likes
Icebugz

I have to agree with all the comments here. Using your customers as a pawn in a chess game is a bad idea and erodes customer loyalty. I tried watching Netflix last night and had to completely just give up after constant re-buffering and slow load times. It's ridiculous that we pay as much money as we do and are subject to throttling. Get it together or I'm getting a different solution.

An unhappy customer!

0 Likes
optivity
Contributor - Level 3

Has anyone tried using Chromecast to stream Netflix video to their TV's? Any improvement w/performance?

0 Likes
ideaman7284

Absolutely agree!  This has just become an issue for me as well.  I would recommend filing a complaint at the FCC for unfair practices (I have just done so).  We pay for access to the internet, not throttled access.  They are doing this deliberately.

0 Likes
chipc1

Exactly - I had 25/25, and just upgraded to 70/35 - fix this issue - resolve the peering issue or you will lose me, I can go to Cox.  I won't be happy, becuase I've been a FIOS fan since it was first available in my neighborhood.  Currently watching a 30 minute sitcom that has buffered 6 times.  THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE - GET THE PEERING IN PLACE - I PAY FOR HIGH SPEED ACCESS.

0 Likes
sirkenneth1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Regarding the Chromecast question...I've used a Chromecast since it hit the market and it worked great until the Verizon/Netlifx shenanigans started...but it is now just as pokey as my Xbox, so no, Chromecast doesn't solve the problem because it's just another wireless device hooked to the same router connected to the same throttled Verizon servoce.

0 Likes
choppy11
Enthusiast - Level 2

At first i thought it was the sony servers acting up again, then had same problem with Netflix on my Samsung, I upgraded to Fios Quantum for Netflix Streaming and feel like i,v been ripped off, Verizon really dropped the ball on this, very poor customer service, they should have at least sent a email to advise us of them working on a solution instead of the complete silence.

0 Likes
milhans1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does the VPN solution only work from a computer?  Will it work from the FiOS router?  

0 Likes
dgrothe2

HOW ABOUT AN ANSWER VERIZON???????

WE PAY YOU FOR INTERNET ACCESS NOT FOR PLAYING GAMES AND DENYING SERVICE!!!!  THIS HAS GONE ON LONG ENOUGH.  YOU OWE ALL OF US A REFUND AND AN APOLOGY!!!!!!!

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dgrothe2 wrote:

HOW ABOUT AN ANSWER VERIZON???????

WE PAY YOU FOR INTERNET ACCESS NOT FOR PLAYING GAMES AND DENYING SERVICE!!!!  THIS HAS GONE ON LONG ENOUGH.  YOU OWE ALL OF US A REFUND AND AN APOLOGY!!!!!!!

I think perhaps you are a bit confused. This is a peer-to-peer support forum. Posters are fellow end-users like you unless noted as a Verizon Employee via rank and/or avatar.

If you want to get a message to Verizon, you should contact them directly via one of the options on their Contact Us page.