Returning Verizon Fios Actiontec Router
psychojet

So, I recently canceled my FioS internet service and have to return my Verizon Actiontec Mi424WR Rev 1 router, which is not a problem at all. However, I have two routers, having bought one myself while the other came free with the original service installation a few years back. Long story behind why I bought one in addition to the one that came with installation, but I will not get into that here. Anyway, since they are both labeled Verizon and have the same red colored band, I can't figure out which one belong to me and which one to Verizon. Both units utilized the same SSID and passcode (I think I may have used them interchangably in the past). I know both routers are in working condition, so does it matter which one I return to Verizon or is there some kind of special encoding identifier that Verizon has that could help me figure out which to return? Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Returning Verizon Fios Actiontec Router
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other customers here.

Verizon should be able to tell you which one is rented and which is owned based on the serial numbers.  If you can't access your account records online anymore, you'll need to call or chat with them to find out for sure.

Good Luck.

0 Likes