Ripped off
AllUS_ISPs_Suck

This is more FYI RANT for the users then anything...since as a customer and also someone who works in the industry I have nothing nice to say about any cable company...they are all monopolies and rip off outlets, and we are dumb enough to continue to take it while allowing them to hide behind corrupt politicians and FCC!

I am subscribed for 50Mbps/50Mbps Internet FiOS service. I have not seen it to be consistently delivered in a long while. The only, and THE ONLY time I get this speed is when I call and complain! It lasts for few days then it goes back its usual at best 12-14Mbs down and 50+Mbps up (who needs that  in residential environment, no one unless you use your home service to run high bandwidth consumption remote server farm management). I complained, we replaced already 2 modems  just in the past 6 months (which was useless act and 3rd about to be replaced and I know story will remain the same), I wasted in the past hours on useless troubleshooting which I now refuse to get engaged in since it is waste of time (I am sick and tired of treated liek a user who can't turn on laptop or workstation not along someone who is the business for over 20 years as tech just refuse to go out of their scripted support path),... considering that all statistics I collected so far indicate clearly my connection, like likely of all users who consume large quantities of bandwidth, is QoS-ed ! As a small residential potato, I only have option to put up or shut up, and when I have time to complain and get few days at the time what I heftily pay for and then back to square on of mediocra service for $$ I pay for!

My point, simple...we are to small to fight tour ISP's, they are ripping us off , always have and always will, and its a shame that in 21st century we consider our country and infrastructure as mist advanced one, but we have ISP services that are one of the WORSE quality in civilized World!

Tonight like many nights before I am getting at best 14Mbps down/ 53Mps up, and I know if I raise hell it will go back to "normal" and then few days later back to square one...I am tired to waste time with support personnel with their usual useless questions along the lines of:"... r u on WiFi vs wired, are you plugged in, have you tested the speed using our https://my.verizon.com/services/speedtest portal, and blah blah blah"...and as we do that out of nowhere things start working fine and then they claim how nothing has been done other than escalation to oncall network tech who has not done anything and then they claim  issue is my modem...etc ...its like a broken record and becoming ridicules! So that is my experience with FiOS past year in which I started to consume more bandwidth than previous 5 or so that I have been their subscriber. Sad but true!

0 Likes
Re: Ripped off
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi AllUS_ISPs_Suck,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes