Router Died 01/30/2010 - Still Waiting for Replacement
paulv0627

So, my router stopped working (confirmed) on 01/30/2010. Since that was a Satruday Verizon said it would overnight a new router on Monday. On Monday a router was shipped from Philadelphia via UPS Air. On Tuesday UPS tracking indicated that it could not deliver the package because the address was incorrect. I called Verizon. They called UPS. The delivery was rescheduled for 2/3/2010. I took today off to wait for this package only to find out from UPS tracking that the package was undeliverable because the apartment number was wrong. The router was actually IN MY BUILDING (I live in a condo).

Spoke with Verizon. They could not fix the apartment number and had no idea why it is wrong. I reminded them that my bill gets to me just fine!! I asked why one of the Verizon vans that are in the parking lot all the time just couldn't hand me a router. I got some excuse about this be a "repair" order but they could do that WHEN the router that was mailed to me was returned. Geez. Why didn't they do that to begin with?

Calmy speaking I am a TAD annoyed and severly inconvenienced by all this. I am amazed at the level of incompetence that I have endured and I need to vent. When this is over a I will file a complaint with the BBB and anyone else that will hear this saga.  I'm telling ya, Comcast is looking pretty sweet right now.

End-of-rant.

Thanks for listening.

Paul

p.s. UPS has been no great help either but that's another forum.

0 Likes
Re: Router Died 01/30/2010 - Still Waiting for Replacement
MoopMeep
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is the exact reason I went on ebay and bought a back-up.

Only cost me 30 bucks for a brand new Actiontec, rev C. Not the latest version but good enough in a pinch if my rev D dies.

0 Likes
Re: Router Died 01/30/2010 - Still Waiting for Replacement
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Even easier when you live only 2 miles from a Verizon Fios store - yes they really have them, unfortunately apparently not in PA

Called tech support, got a case number, took out the offending device, went to the store, swapped for a new one and took it home.

1/2 an hour off the air.

0 Likes