Router info
hmil3
Enthusiast - Level 1

What is the model name and number of the fastest Quantum router??

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Router info
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

At the moment, the fastest quantum router avaible is the G1100 model made for Verizon by Greenwave Systems. Its supports dual band 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi, and has gigabit ethernet ports. This router is commonly referred too as the "Quantum Router".

I apologize if this isn't what you were asking about, if not, could you please be more specific in your question? 

View solution in original post

JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

At the moment, the fastest quantum router avaible is the G1100 model made for Verizon by Greenwave Systems. Its supports dual band 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi, and has gigabit ethernet ports. This router is commonly referred too as the "Quantum Router".

I apologize if this isn't what you were asking about, if not, could you please be more specific in your question? 

hmil3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks. That is what I wanted.

0 Likes
pramblejambles
Enthusiast - Level 2
It has only slightly faster measured speed, but significantly shorter range(transmitter power), so I have had to install a repeater, which slows it back down to below the older, no longer supported Verizon router. To boot, the router interface is completely different, requiring new settings & notes. Sigh.
0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

A repeater can cause slower wifi performance because it has to split time between remote devices and answering back to main router.

Ideally you would use an access point that connects via ethernet to main router.

Or if using Verizon router, get a moca repeater.

This should give better wifi performance.