Router Issue Concerning Internet
DoABarrowRoll

The Story:

Every so often (I can't pinpoint a time period between instances or anything it's very irregular) my Verizon router seems to lose connection to the internet. To answer someFAQ's regarding this kind of issue:

My computer is on an Ethernet connection (wired).

It does not happen to only my computer, everyone else in the household has experienced the issue.

It does not discriminate between wired and wireless.

It does not discriminate between OS's (mac and windows).

My computer still recognizes that it is connected to a router, but has no idea what router it is and cannot connect to the internet.

When looking at the router when the problem occurs, the router recognizes everything except the internet (wired connections, wireless connectivity, power, etc.).

After about 10 minutes the problem will resolve itself, or I restart the router (turn off/on again) and after it boots the problem is resolved.

It occurs most often (surprisingly) when there are very few people accessing the internet and using the wi-fi in the house.

I'm wondering if there is a way to resolve the problem PERMANENTLY, and am willing to consider just about anything that does not involve me personally taking things apart.

Thanks so much for any help I can get,

Jake

0 Likes