Router LED turns tellow and lose internet 5 times a day
DJVoorhees
Enthusiast - Level 3

Made the mistake of upgrading from 25/25 to 75/75 in order to get the new TV boxes.  Ever since the upgrade Ive had terrible internet and TV performane due to the router going yellow and needing to restart like 5-6 times a day.  Verizon has attempted to fix this 3 times already, even replacing the router.  Each time I call or chat, I have to start over from scratch, very frustrating.   My old 25/25 service was 100% rock solid but my TV boxes were very slow. 

TV on demand is pixelated, channel 838 (netflix) is unstable and crashes more often than not.  Logs in the router show these errors:

[WIFI.6][ADV] SON-[2.4G]STA({edited MAC address for privacy}) RSSI=-73, RSSI LOW! Finding any other AP for choice...

[WIFI.6][ADV] SON-[2.4G]STA({edited second MAC address for privacy}) Added into band steering temporary disallow period for 300 seconds due to steering event has been cancelled.

2021 Aug 15 17:42:15 arc_cloud warning [CLOUD.4][ADV] ping WAN failed, try again.
2021 Aug 15 17:42:15 arc_cloud notice [CLOUD.5][ADV] We Re-check Internet!
2021 Aug 15 17:42:15 arc_cloud err [CLOUD.3][ADV] curl_easy_perform() failed:(6) Error.

I see this is a very common issue and none of the threads actually show a resolution. Anyone know how to get a resolution?  Im thinking my ONT is bad or overheating. 

I'm thinking I should  dump Verizon all together and go to Optimum for internet only and finally cut the cord.  

0 Likes
Re: Router LED turns tellow and lose internet 5 times a day
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

When the Internet is cut, what LEDs do you see on the ONT? Does the Fail light come on?

Also, I see you have not disabled Self-Organizing Network (SON). Please login into the admin interface and disable it. It is located at the advanced wireless settings.

If you were to switch to Optimum, you would lose much of the upload speeds, and Optimum uses cable to deliver the Internet, so that is not really cutting the cord, but adding one.

Re: HELP - Daily WAN disconnects
DJVoorhees
Enthusiast - Level 3

How the heck did you get them to help you?  I have the same issue and it's persistent.  Every time I call they make me go through 20 minutes of troubleshooting and then they remotely reconfigure my router, and tell me it's fixed.  Then sometimes support tells me it must be due to a switch I have on my network which is nonsense.   

Just a few minutes ago:

2022 Jan 5 15:40:03
arc_wifi
info  [WIFI.6][ADV] SON-[5G-HIGH]STA(0C:7A:15:1E:FA:AF) connected
2022 Jan 5 15:39:50
arc_cloud
warning  [CLOUD.4][ADV] cloud test link failed, try again
2022 Jan 5 15:39:50
arc_cloud
err  [CLOUD.3][ADV] curl_easy_perform() failed:(6) Error.
2022 Jan 5 15:38:54
arc_cloud
info  [CLOUD.6][ADV] ping WAN OK, then check cloud test link.
0 Likes
DJVoorhees
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the reply, sorry for the late response. 

I have tried everything. SON on and off - the important thing here is EVERYTHING loses connectivity, Ethernet as well.    I've disabled it again but dont have much hope.  Unfortunately my ONT is outside and in a sealed box, only the power supply is inside.   I'll try and see if there is some way to get some data next time the issue occurs.  

My 25/25 was rock solid, I wish I can go back to it but the old TV boxes were so slow. 

My TV's are pixelated in the 620's and premium channels and on demand frequently hands for 30 seconds at a time while watching a movie, cable would be an improvement at this point. 

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm curious as to which ONT is on site. The slow Internet speed has me thinking a Tellabs 611 or 612. Is there any way to open the cover and take a picture? ONTs that are mounted outside tend to develop problems due to extremes in temperature. An upgrade to Internet speeds to 200 or above would trigger an ONT replacement.

Capricorn1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dexman wrote:

I'm curious as to which ONT is on site. The slow Internet speed has me thinking a Tellabs 611 or 612. Is there any way to open the cover and take a picture? ONTs that are mounted outside tend to develop problems due to extremes in temperature. 

I think I have been very lucky. I have a Tellabs 611 installed around 2008 or so. It's outside and I've gone from 25/25 to 50/50 and am currently at 75/75. I do not have the OP's issues. I used to have Fios TV but went to Youtube TV (after Playstation Vue shut down), so I have everything over Ethernet at this point. What I don't have is a Verizon router. I started with business Fios and a Linux-based router. I'm now on residential Fios, but kept the Linux router (not the original one, but essentially the same with hardware upgrades).

Now that I have posted this of course my ONT will die at any <Network Lost>

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Capricorn1 wrote:

@dexman wrote:

I'm curious as to which ONT is on site. The slow Internet speed has me thinking a Tellabs 611 or 612. Is there any way to open the cover and take a picture? ONTs that are mounted outside tend to develop problems due to extremes in temperature. 

I think I have been very lucky. I have a Tellabs 611 installed around 2008 or so. It's outside and I've gone from 25/25 to 50/50 and am currently at 75/75. I do not have the OP's issues. I used to have Fios TV but went to Youtube TV (after Playstation Vue shut down), so I have everything over Ethernet at this point. What I don't have is a Verizon router. I started with business Fios and a Linux-based router. I'm now on residential Fios, but kept the Linux router (not the original one, but essentially the same with hardware upgrades).

Now that I have posted this of course my ONT will die at any <Network Lost>

😅

Our 611 was still going strong when I upgraded. 

Hoping that the OP provides an update.

DJVoorhees
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Everyone, thank you for jumping and offering your help, I really appreciate it. 

Here is a photo of my OTN.

DJVoorhees
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not sure why the photo above isnt showing, try this.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/194751772@N03/51803179217/in/dateposted-public/

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Images are queued for review by moderators. Once cleared they appear. 🙂