Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu

Router overload?

CStenfors
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Router overload?

Message 1 of 4
(1,568 Views)

I have the Verizon 25/25 Internet service in a Triple Play plan. Have had it for a number of years.

My router is the standard issue Westell Ultraline Series 3 (although I've hear it referred to as an Actiontec?)

Here is the current status page:

FIOS Router.JPG

Currently, if I look at the device table I count 21 devices in the list - not all of them online. I have in the past gone through and deleted a number of the old entries as we have gomne though various changes in out network devices.

Lately I'm having connectivity/speed issues. SOme devices just won't connect at all. I can try everything, but the only thing that seems to work is to power cycle the router. That is a real PITA and I don't really want to do it.

SO, either we're getting too many devices and some internal tables./storage is running out, or the router has a problem.

Anyone here care to offer some advice?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
walt178
Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II

Re: Router overload?

Message 2 of 4
(1,557 Views)

@CStenfors wrote:

Lately I'm having connectivity/speed issues. SOme devices just won't connect at all. I can try everything, but the only thing that seems to work is to power cycle the router. That is a real PITA and I don't really want to do it.

Thanks

I recently experienced a similar problem, only cycling power didn't help.  I had to reset the router.  I'm not familiar with your model, but there should be a recessed button.  Press and hold for 15 seconds.  No guarantees,  but it's worth a try.

ocean25
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Message 3 of 4
(1,547 Views)

@CStenfors wrote:

SO, either we're getting too many devices and some internal tables./storage is running out, or the router has a problem.

Thanks

Call tech support and have them run diagnostics on the router. They can do it from their end.

Good luck!

CStenfors
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(1,537 Views)

@ocean25 wrote:

Call tech support and have them run diagnostics on the router. They can do it from their end.

Good luck!

You have no idea how I detest Verizon's tech support. If I call late at night, I have been on hold for several hours with nothing happening. No message that they are closed, and no one answering either.

When someone does answer (if I call in the morning) they make me do all sort of stupid stuff. I don't have that much time in my life.

I have their DVR with external hard drive storage, when I had an issue once, the first thing the tech told me wa s that it was not supported. Only when I kicked back did he come back and say "oh yea, it is supported, let me do whatever it is I need to do to fix your set top box."

FIOS TV/Internet: 11/10

Verizon tech support: 2/10

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title