Router Speed Test Slower than Device Speed Test
rek4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the Verizon Quantum router on 300mb FIOS internet and Verizon speed test gives me:

ROUTER:

255mb down and 325mb up

DEVICE:

304mb down and 360mb up.

I also thought device speed was speed taking computer limitations into account and Router speed was Router to internet without computer limitations.

But I get faster Device speed so that doesn't make sense.

0 Likes
Re: Router Speed Test Slower than Device Speed Test
appDev
Contributor - Level 1

NOT AN ANSWER, but:

I would try to replicate the results with various devices and various times of the day, if possible. If this happens only once, i'd chalk it up to a glitch.

You are correct - you cannot possibly have a faster connection that your router when you are, indeed, going through the router.

0 Likes
Re: Router Speed Test Slower than Device Speed Test
jonjones1
Legend

On a 300/300 speed you should be getting about the same speeds or a little over from your router. Not less. 320/340 etc. it’s not a magical stopgap at just 300/300 sometimes it can be less.

now at less than a gigabyte it is possible to obtain router speeds and device speeds at near or over the 300/300 speed. Depending on the device like iPhones you could get a faster device speed. But like the other poster said it just could be a fluke.

years ago with cable internet my iPhone had the same speed as my then modem/router it always amazed me.

0 Likes