Router won't reset nothing working
red518irish
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I type in http://192.168.1.1 I get a screen telling me that the page can't load etc...

I did a reset on the router Actiontec MI424-WR Rev. F by holding down the reset button for 10 seconds then letting off the button. The router went through its processes, and looked as if it reset, however I still can't connect. No internet working, however on the router the internet light is on solid green. 
I have checked all my connections and tried to reset several times with the same results. 

Can anyone help me.

Thanks
Brian

0 Likes
Re: Router won't reset nothing working
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

Have you tried rebooting the PC to get a new DHCP lease?

Cleared browser cache and cookies?

Tried a different LAN port on the Actiontec?

Tried a different PC?

If all those fail, your router is probably fried and you need to either call in or go to a FIOS store for a replacement.

Re: Router won't reset nothing working
red518irish
Enthusiast - Level 1

@Anti-Phish wrote:

Have you tried rebooting the PC to get a new DHCP lease?

Cleared browser cache and cookies?

Tried a different LAN port on the Actiontec?

Tried a different PC?

If all those fail, your router is probably fried and you need to either call in or go to a FIOS store for a replacement.

I have tried rebooting PC, I actually did this several times, nothing changed.

I cleared all cache and cookies, this didn't effect anyting either.

I tried all the ports on the router, and even disconnected all other switches and devices.

I haven't tried a different pc, I don't have another one around to try.

I called verizon and they said they can try to reset it from thier end. I am at work now and can't check it until I get home, hopefully that works. If not I will assume that it needs replaced.

0 Likes