Router
Rookie68

Can someone recommend a good router to use with FIOS?   I am tired of paying the equipment rental fee - and they did offer me to buy the router but I'm not sure if I want to because I may want to go to a competitor and not sure if the router will be compatible.     Thanks!!

0 Likes
Re: Router
jonjones1
Legend

@Rookie68 wrote:

Can someone recommend a good router to use with FIOS?   I am tired of paying the equipment rental fee - and they did offer me to buy the router but I'm not sure if I want to because I may want to go to a competitor and not sure if the router will be compatible.     Thanks!!

I use the Netgear R8500 Nighthawk. It requires a little extra setup but is easy to use after you release the DHCP on the Verizon router. After it gets released quickly unplug it before it grabs the dhcp address again.

then hook the Netgear up with the WAN to ethernet cable. It grabs the dhcp and your good to go. Like I said router tweaking.

now you can purchase a Asus or TP Link or Umbituti Router (excuse the spelling) 

your Fios router will work as a router on any service. But remember cable uses modems or modem/router combos.

0 Likes