Saw the ad for Gigabit. You want $55 more a month for existing customers?
FutrComcastCust

New customers get the service for $79 a month, while I'm expected to pay $55 more a month? Are you insane?

I told the rep I would cancel my service and pay the early termination fee, to become a "new customer", and she told me "But we'd have you in our system that you were a Verizon customer". 

So is that the deal now? Once a Verizon customer always a Verizon customer? My penalty for being an existing Verizon customer is now $600 a year?

You just created a Comcast customer. GONE! When you fire the person in corporate that decided dumping on your existing customers in favor of bringing in new ones is the right thing to do, then we can revisit.

0 Likes
Re: Saw the ad for Gigabit. You want $55 more a month for existing customers?
jonjones1
Legend

@FutrComcastCust wrote:

New customers get the service for $79 a month, while I'm expected to pay $55 more a month? Are you insane?

I told the rep I would cancel my service and pay the early termination fee, to become a "new customer", and she told me "But we'd have you in our system that you were a Verizon customer". 

So is that the deal now? Once a Verizon customer always a Verizon customer? My penalty for being an existing Verizon customer is now $600 a year?

You just created a Comcast customer. GONE! When you fire the person in corporate that decided dumping on your existing customers in favor of bringing in new ones is the right thing to do, then we can revisit.

Calm down. Just cancel in your name  and have a friend or relative sign up for new service with no contract.

its $70 internet only and $74.99 for a double play and $79.99 for a triple play plus taxes and surcharges. There is no tax on internet only. But a below the line fee of $2.50 so $72.50 for 1024/1024 Gigabyte speed.