Scheduled Router Reboot
SteveP2
Contributor - Level 2

Hello all,

Is there any ability to schedule a weekly reboot of my Quantum router? There is a Scheduler Rules section. Can I use this to do what I want to do?

Thanks,

Steve

0 Likes
Re: Scheduled Router Reboot
jonjones1
Legend

@SteveP wrote:

Hello all,

Is there any ability to schedule a weekly reboot of my Quantum router? There is a Scheduler Rules section. Can I use this to do what I want to do?

Thanks,

Steve

I highly doubt there can be a setting in the router to have it reboot weekly.

you could buy a electronic timer, plug in the router set that to turn off at a specific time and then set it to come back on say in 5-10 minutes. This may accomplish what you desire.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The router can be made to reboot if you have a Mac or Linux system handy by enabling SSH on the router. A cron job can be created to log into the router and invoke the reboot command at that point.

Otherwise, the simple solution is the programmable timer as proposed above.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Smith6612 wrote:

The router can be made to reboot if you have a Mac or Linux system handy by enabling SSH on the router. A cron job can be created to log into the router and invoke the reboot command at that point.

Otherwise, the simple solution is the programmable timer as proposed above.

I am glad you said that “you had me worried there for a minute”

persons coming here for assistance outside of a few techs would not know how to do your first suggestion 😀

SteveP2
Contributor - Level 2

Is too bad this functionality is not available. It is available in the access points I have.

0 Likes
SteveP2
Contributor - Level 2

Thinking about this a little more...I am going to see if I can take your idea and apply it to a Windows system. There is no reason why I cannot SSH to the router from my Windows PC, log in, and then execute the same reboot commands.

Do you happen to know the commands to do this?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why are you looking for this feature?

Haven't had a lot of router, but none of the ones I have seen in the class of quantum don't have it.

I leave my router powered on with no reboot for weeks on end with no issues.

0 Likes