security cameras wont connect
vally1978
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have searched posts but not having luck. I have two blink cameras for security and a Wyze cam inside. I have internet connection for everything else. They were working just fine until 2 days ago. I have no idea what has happened. I have reset the modem multiple times and anything else I could think of but nothing helps. I am guessing this is a connection issue but no idea how to fix it.  Any help is appreciated!

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: security cameras wont connect
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does your camera use UPnP or port forwarding?

To find out, please contact the camera's manufacturer. There are security updates being pushed to Verizon routers from time to time. When a remote connection method is not deemed secure by the engineers any more, a subsequent security update may disable an existing remote connection.

I know this may create inconveniences for you, but Verizon needs to shield customers from hackers.

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

First make sure self organizing network (SON) is off.

the best way to get the cameras working is to go to the manufacturers websites and follow their install instructions.

verizon often times makes updates to their routers and it is then the troubles begin. Follow the directions exactly and you should be ok.

the best way to have a stable connection is to buy your own router like Netgear or Asus etc. this way Verizon won’t be doing anything to your own equipment. However if you have phone and tv from them it may not be possible to use that self owned router.

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does your camera use UPnP or port forwarding?

To find out, please contact the camera's manufacturer. There are security updates being pushed to Verizon routers from time to time. When a remote connection method is not deemed secure by the engineers any more, a subsequent security update may disable an existing remote connection.

I know this may create inconveniences for you, but Verizon needs to shield customers from hackers.